Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tough game, great WIN. Congrat. to the lady Muskies.

Just got back to Maine. 3 hours each way, well worth the drive. I you like the game, it was fantastic. XU fought back, lead changed hangs a zillion times.
    The refs really put the whistles in their pockets, both side. Xavier ended the game with only 4 fouls in the second half. I think it took the late fouls for Dayton to go over the bonus. A completely different crew could have called twice the fouls. But getting to see it up close, it was a fairly well called game, outside of Nance in the 1st half with 2 early no one was even close to foul trouble.

Phillips was a beast underneath, I can't remember her misses. 11-19 is one hell of a game! Well deserved MVP.
    Amber and Special were named to the all tourney team.
    Ta'Shia obviously did the bulk of the scoring, and Amber had a fine night (she looked very very tired, same as the semi final game, I wonder if she was sick) but I think Askew made her presence felt with 3 very timely blocks, and Special was on fire, her drives to the basket were amazing. She has the ability to drive the lane and go right to the rim even when guarded by 2 or 3 much taller defenders, It was really her night.

Ratterman was a real trooper for the flyers. I saw the game yesterday when she went out, she played a little late and was in obvious pain. To go back out and play 35 minutes on a torn ligament, wow, that's just plain insanity.

Thanks to the parents of Dayton's Elle Queen, she was the player guarding Amber, gave up about 8 inches, did a fine job. Her folks provided the live car for me in the parking lot after the game, sucks to leave your lights on and leave it for 2+ hours.

Bad part, the place was empty. The box score said 1000+, no way, had to be counting our band cheerleaders, maintenance crew, the 2 teams of girls who scrimmaged at halftime, the ticket takers, refreshment stand staff. Thank goodness for the players family members. Bad idea going to a neutral court.

Can't wait for the 20th, stop by section 109 row M and say hi!!!
    Last edited by XU-PA; 03-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Congrats X ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyno2110 View Post
    Congrats Ladies! What a great Championship game.

One comment. I hope Amber brings it for all 40 minutes or we won't make the final 4. You could see that she was unstopable in those last few minutes. Bring it Amber!
    For the first 35 minutes of the game I thought Amber must either be sick or playing hurt. She had no energy at all. I think that is the danger of having to play the same team three times in a season. Xavier was bored and Dayton wanted payback. That's not a good combination.

Didn't really give Ta'Shia enough credit. I just watched the replay of the game, she absolutely shut Nance down, 0 points. The freshman #33 Sant who spelled Nance did score 8, but 6 of that came on 3 pointers away from the paint and Phillips' defense.

Awesome job, well deserving of the A-10 Defensive POY

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    Bad part, the place was empty. The box score said 1000+, no way, had to be counting our band cheerleaders, maintenance crew, the 2 teams of girls who scrimmaged at halftime, the ticket takers, refreshment stand staff. Thank goodness for the players family members. Bad idea going to a neutral court.
    I think they moved the Tournament to Lowell to reward you for being such a good fan. I can't think of any other reason anyone would have considered Lowell a good idea.