Freshman

ESPN article on Ta'Shia

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/column...ham&id=6172911

Really nice article about Ta'Shia and Ambers relationship. We are really lucky to have such a great women's team. I hate to say it, but this might be our best shot at a national championship.

I would much rather have a men's championship, but if given the choice between a men's elite eight or a women's championship, I would go women's all the way. Saying Xavier had THE BEST in the nation would be amazing.

I honestly hope they retire both players numbers and hang them from the rafters. They revolutionized XU women's BBall.

I hope we win both the men's and women's tournaments.

Then we can say we're "Bi-winning" like Charlie Sheen

If you are talking about this season, I'd agree. Besides, I think the next couple years the men will be strong so we can look forward to that. I'm not sure what the women have waiting in the wings and suspect we won't know until they take the foor next year.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    If you are talking about this season, I'd agree. Besides, I think the next couple years the men will be strong so we can look forward to that. I'm not sure what the women have waiting in the wings and suspect we won't know until they take the foor next year.
    Impossible to replace those two. And with those two getting all the attention Special Jennings has toiled aonymously as the floor general, and has done an incredible job. Megan Askew is the 4th senior, a real force, doesn't score a bunch but really makes things tough on defense.

Those 4 will be sorely missed. I'd guess that McGuff's crew next year will be best off at the guard spot, Bringing back a great shooter in Tyeasha Moss. Mossy has done a superb job as the 2 guard all year long, she'll be counted on for floor leadership. coach has been working both Shatyra Hawks and Lynette Holmes into decent minutes this year, toss super shooter Katie Rutan into the mix as a bigger guard and expect we'll have the top back court in the conference. Ashley Wanninger has gotten a few minutes and appears strong but will have to fight to find PT.
    In the front court, replace two all americans, tough!
    Amber Gray, if she stays healthy, should be able to really put her mark on this team from the 4 spot, the rest of the bigs, and there's a bunch over over 6 footers, are basically untested at this level. Of those on the roster this year, I think transfer Jess Pachko and redshirt Jr Sabrina Johnson will probably be counted on the most.

All in all, it will be a challenge for the crime dog, I think though he'll be able to mold that group right back into the NCAA's

I'm looking forward to Shatyra Hawkes getting more floor time. I don't know if it's because I'm a somewhat short chick but I love watching her play. She's got 7' of fire in her 5'3" frame.

It may be a rough year, but it'll be a team worth watching. I'll look forward to it, after I'm done enjoying this season.
    Last edited by blobfan; 03-02-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    I'm looking forward to Shatyra Hawkes getting more floor time. I don't know if it's because I'm a somewhat short chick but I love watching her play. She's got 7' of fire in her 5'3" frame.

It may be a rough year, but it'll be a team worth watching. I'll look forward to it, after I'm done enjoying this season.
    You are right, she must have a whole lot of whoop ass in that frame to get to this level.
    My question, is 5'3" accurate?? I was watching her a few games ago, I think that's a bit of a stretch!

Great article - thanks for sharing!