Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'll simulate the Final Four for both tournaments tonight.
    It's winning time.

Go Amex! (I always root for the team that knocked us out.)
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

There wasn't much that the young, hairy coach discussed before he stepped onto the bus on his way to the arena. The players were quiet, almost in a trance. Some could call it nerves, but Coach Titan quickly put that theory to rest. "They're focused."

They should be. The Final Four promises no tomorrow to anyone. Then again, the whole tournament is like that. Just ask PMI, who as the number one seed in the West bracket, was bounced by Titan 60-58 in a series of closely contest, low-scoring affairs that Beard U has survived. Then again, perhaps "survive" isn't the right word for how you would describe their run. The shots fell, the defense stood strong, and that faithful charge/block call (which is still being debated in offices and cubicles throughout the country) that allowed Titan to carry the banner into the Sweet 16.

Then there's that Final Four banner that Titan will forever get to share with his faithful fans. Which he wasn't as well liked as the other Cinderellas in the tournament, this team is the one that has prevailed. That Final Four banner is theres for the rest of time, and while that is an accomplishment, Titan couldn't deny that only two more wins kept him and Beard U from an improbable journey that no one could have predicted.

"It's winning time. It's been winning time. The boys don't know anything else but winning time. Every team has worked hard all year, and while many could only dream of the run that we've made, we're here. We're asking ourselves throughout practice, 'Why not us?' Honestly, if it ended today we'd be crushed, but fact remains that the day that we've moved on and accepted our fact, we'll be proud one way or another. Until someone beats us though, it's winning time at Beard U."

The doors on the bus close with the silhouette of Titan through the tinted glass standing at the front, head bowed. There's light mumbling coming through the mostly sound-proof windows before you hear a loud, "Our Mother" from Titan, followed by a chorus of "Pray for us!" from the team. The bus starts rolling from the hotel parking lot, a plethora of fans from Beard U, alumni, students, and fans old and new crowded around their path from the front doors to where the bus stood moments earlier.

Tonight is the night where either their legend will continue, or they'll return home. One way or another, they are heroes to the faithful standing outside. These warriors, who had the odds stacked against them from the get-go. Who had an unfavorable match-up in the 8/9 game, where dreams of a run often die before the end of the first weekend. These warriors who have the thickest, manliest beards on the planet. They are off to battle, picking and choosing where to strike with such efficiency that they are seemingly unstoppable. Can you dig it?

The bus rolls on with these warriors. Come out and play...
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)