Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Could X give him some other type of aid financially (academic or whatever) his transfer year and then give him a scholarship when one opened up the next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Could X give him some other type of aid financially (academic or whatever) his transfer year and then give him a scholarship when one opened up the next year?
    I think that's against the rules. Not sure though.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dc_x View Post
    Yes

Why is there a minimum length to messages on this board?
    To keep people from spamming the boards.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Did anyone else notice that Teague was the leading scorer for Wake yesterday in their first round lost in the ACC tourny? He dropped 15 and looked good doing it. Wish we could have got him, he looks like he is going to be one hell of a player.

Anyway, If any of these crawford rumors are true, I think we should just use bronson's scholarship to make room for him. Bronson is just the project that is never going to work out. Especially with Love getting better everyday. Also, you have to factor in that with K Frease comming in next year, along with Mclean being eligable, we are going to be so deep at the post. And how could I forget Dbrown?????

I mean to me, crawford seemes to be a perfect fit. He can move back to his natural position at the 1 and play it until lyons is ready to take over full time. He would also have alot of expierence at playing the 2 due to the fact that he had to this year with basset running the point for IU. This way we would actually have 3 guards (lyons, Jackson, and crawford) who could all either play the 1 or 2. This would also allow Jackson to move to the 2 most of time, which is what I believe is his best position anyway. From his high school resume (top 10 all time in OHSSA scoring) he seems to be more of a scorer then a facillatator of the offense.

Once again, just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JAX 3758 View Post
    Anyway, If any of these crawford rumors are true, I think we should just use bronson's scholarship to make room for him. Bronson is just the project that is never going to work out.
    Whoa. Slow way down.

A player makes a commitment to Xavier, Xavier makes a commitment to that player. We do not just discard players in such a manner (or at least I hope we do not).

Plus, that is rather declarative on Bronson. He might disagree that he has no contributions to make in his remaining time.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Something I wish all fans will realize...we are never going to play the entire bench. There will always be two or three guys that sit with the walk-ons. If someone leaves, someone else takes his spot as the guy who never plays.

I would argue that Bronson probably gives us a great guy to practice against. I'm sure he would love to play, but that is his role. And it's an important one.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Something I wish all fans will realize...we are never going to play the entire bench. There will always be two or three guys that sit with the walk-ons. If someone leaves, someone else takes his spot as the guy who never plays.

I would argue that Bronson probably gives us a great guy to practice against. I'm sure he would love to play, but that is his role. And it's an important one.
    I understand how college basketball works...All I am saying is dont tell me that if you have the chance to get a player with the skill set that crawford has, we shouldnt jump at that opportunity. I am sure bronson is a great guy and all I just dont feel like he will be able to cnotribute to this team like Crawford could. Even if he is a great practice player

Quote Originally Posted by JAX 3758 View Post
    I understand how college basketball works...All I am saying is dont tell me that if you have the chance to get a player with the skill set that crawford has, we shouldnt jump at that opportunity. I am sure bronson is a great guy and all I just dont feel like he will be able to cnotribute to this team like Crawford could. Even if he is a great practice player
    Well then you just wasted a ship on one of the three guards you brought in, or the two others guards you have here. All I'm saying is someone is sitting. For someone else to say in a few years, "Hey we might be able to get so-and-so, we should let whats-his-name go because he won't contribute like so-and-so."

That's a great analogy I just made by the way.

Plus Crawford would have to sit next year, so Lyons would still be the starting PG. Crawford does nothing for us now.

xu95