Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bob Staak begat Pete Gillen, Pete Gillen begat Skip Prosser, Skip Prosser begat Thad Matta, Thad Matta begat Sean Miller, Sean Miller begat Chris Mack....

Mike Bobinski was insrumental in bringing both Matta and Miller to our program. They both had great success and are part of some of the best memories we have as Xavier fans.

Godspeed to all those with the energy to carry a grudge against Sean Miller and Thad Matta for so long. I don't actively root for OSU or AU, but I just don't have the same venom to spew about these gentlemen.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Bob Staak begat Pete Gillen, Pete Gillen begat Skip Prosser, Skip Prosser begat Thad Matta, Thad Matta begat Sean Miller, Sean Miller begat Chris Mack....
    An account of the genealogy* of Jesus the Messiah,* the son of David, the son of Abraham.

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, 3and Judah the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, and Perez the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Aram, 4and Aram the father of Aminadab, and Aminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon, 5and Salmon the father of Boaz by Rahab, and Boaz the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse, 6and Jesse the father of King David.

And David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah, 7and Solomon the father of Rehoboam, and Rehoboam the father of Abijah, and Abijah the father of Asaph,* 8and Asaph* the father of Jehoshaphat, and Jehoshaphat the father of Joram, and Joram the father of Uzziah, 9and Uzziah the father of Jotham, and Jotham the father of Ahaz, and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah, 10and Hezekiah the father of Manasseh, and Manasseh the father of Amos,* and Amos* the father of Josiah, 11and Josiah the father of Jechoniah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon.

12 And after the deportation to Babylon: Jechoniah was the father of Salathiel, and Salathiel the father of Zerubbabel, 13and Zerubbabel the father of Abiud, and Abiud the father of Eliakim, and Eliakim the father of Azor, 14and Azor the father of Zadok, and Zadok the father of Achim, and Achim the father of Eliud, 15and Eliud the father of Eleazar, and Eleazar the father of Matthan, and Matthan the father of Jacob, 16and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called the Messiah.*

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post

Mike Bobinski was insrumental in bringing both Matta and Miller to our program. They both had great success and are part of some of the best memories we have as Xavier fans.

Godspeed to all those with the energy to carry a grudge against Sean Miller and Thad Matta for so long. I don't actively root for OSU or AU, but I just don't have the same venom to spew about these gentlemen.
    Rep's

nuts provided the correct answer above.

SixFig - that narrative leaves out that JC then left the land of Beer and Chili early to spread the word professionally.

Ledgewood - you seem to have a vast reserve of hate for many targets. Do you want to talk about it?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Father Hoff and Mike Bobinski are the greatest things to ever happen to Xavier basketball.
    MOR,

What about Tay Baker????

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by LutherRackleyRulez View Post

MOR,

What about Tay Baker????

Taylor Baker was more concerned about his golf handicap than his basketball team's record. That was a statement from Dr. Bill Daley.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Rep's
    Also tried to rep Nuts but my efforts were thwarted by The Man.
    "Xavier is Franciscan monkspeak for gonads."

- Gregg Doyel on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Taylor Baker was more concerned about his golf handicap than his basketball team's record. That was a statement from Dr. Bill Daley.

MOR,

#1. I hope U understand that I posted Tay Baker comment
    with my tongue firmly planted in my cheeck....LOL!

#2. Facts speak for themselves....

Team.......Years.....W/L....PCT
    Xavier 1973-1979 70-89 (0.440)

Season....Team....Wins/Losses....Pct
    1978-1979 Xavier 14 13 51.9
    1977-1978 Xavier 13 14 48.1
    1976-1977 Xavier 10 17 37
    1975-1976 Xavier 14 12 53.8
    1974-1975 Xavier 11 15 42.3

http://statsheet.com/mcb/coaches/tay-baker

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

With the success they Xavier continues to have under Coach Mack, I find it really hard to hate Miller or Matta. It seems that both men were very conflicted about leaving, but ended up taking opportunities they just didn't think they could pass up.

In my opinion, it's really hard to hate an ex when you're so happy with the one you're currently with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    With the success they Xavier continues to have under Coach Mack, I find it really hard to hate Miller or Matta. It seems that both men were very conflicted about leaving, but ended up taking opportunities they just didn't think they could pass up.

In my opinion, it's really hard to hate an ex when you're so happy with the one you're currently with.
    +1