Business/Finance Networking

Hey All-

I'm a frequent XHoops poster and love this site and the people on it nearly as much as I do Xavier Basketball. Okay, that's not true. But you get what I'm saying.

I'm a current sophomore student here at Xavier double majoring in Finance and Economics, and yes, I am one of "The Popes." I hail from the Indianapolis area, and would LOVE to meet and talk with any of you who are from the Indy/Cincinnati area who work in the financial fields.

My career goal is to eventually own my own private wealth management company, or work as an asset manager/investor. Where do you all work? I am very curious to see what some of you Xavier alums have done with your degrees since being a rowdy undergradute here like I am now.

If you feel the need, feel free to contact me at manshipc@xavier.edu to discuss things. I can't wait to meet you all.

Last edited by HuskyMuskie; 02-21-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Long Live the X.

Husky,

As you know I'm not in the finance area, but I've got a ton of contacts here in Cincy and Indy if you're looking to talk to some people. Also when you're home for break hit me up and I'll take you to lunch. (I'll PM you my email).

There are a few finance guys on this board, that I am sure would help put you in the right direction. I'll pm you some names as well.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Business/Finance Networking

Husky Muskie, you should get an MBA possibly at night while working at a day job. Drop the folksy "you all" which is a little too country even below the Mason-Dixon line.

Husky,

I work in finance, but instead of the buy side (asset management, etc), I work on the sell side (investment banking). PM me if you want to catch up sometime and pick my brain about the financial field.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    I'm a current sophomore student here at Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by romanround View Post
    you should get an MBA
    roman, do you even know how to read? Astounding. I'm impressed that you have become such an established forum clown in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by romanround View Post
    Drop the folksy "you all" which is a little too country even below the Mason-Dixon line.

-----

Keep on keepin' on, HuskyMuskie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    roman, do you even know how to read? Astounding. I'm impressed that you have become such an established forum clown in such a short time.

-----

Keep on keepin' on, HuskyMuskie.
    This is why TT should win the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    This is why TT should win the tournament.
    I thought the same thing. This, and his avatar.
    Long Live the X.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Husky,

As you know I'm not in the finance area, but I've got a ton of contacts here in Cincy and Indy if you're looking to talk to some people. Also when you're home for break hit me up and I'll take you to lunch. (I'll PM you my email).

There are a few finance guys on this board, that I am sure would help put you in the right direction. I'll pm you some names as well.

Muskie, you've got it. Would love to grab lunch and meet you as well as the other guys on this board. Sounds awesome. I'll let you know next time I'm in the Circle City.
    Long Live the X.

Husky-

I'm a Certified Financial Planner and Certified Investment Management Analyst. I'm still young in the grand scheme of things-- graduated in 2005 (hence the name) but I used to be in charge of our summer internship program. I could give you some pointers on getting started in this business (most of which I learned the hard way).

If you're interested getting together, let me know. I'll contact you offline.
    Last edited by Blue Blooded-05; 03-04-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Thanks Blue. I responded to you in a private message. Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience.

Anyone else? Would love to hear from any and all.
    Long Live the X.