Thread: Triple Double

Triple Double

Tu had one. That's Tu this year. That's Tu awesome. Maybe he should change his name to Trey Tu (or not)

Discuss.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

I called that he was going to have one four minutes into the game. I was definitely the first to call it.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    I called that he was going to have one four minutes into the game. I was definitely the first to call it.
    I am overcome by this "pronouncement"!

The Titman is a true power among predictors!

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I am overcome by this "pronouncement"!

The Titman is a true power among predictors!
    Haha, I am merely referring to the last time Tu had a triple-double. C'mon now, we have quite a lot of "predictors" on this board. Ms. Cloe would find no business amongst the Xavier faithful.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    4 points, 3 reb, 2ast Is when I said it. I gotta admit though since WF if he gets 3 reb/3 ast in the first 5 minutes I call it right then. :) I have been wrong a lot lately.

How crazy is it thinking back 3 years that Tu Holloway is one of the nations biggest triple double threat.

GoXavier is reporting that Tu is the first X player to record Tu triple doubles. Tu impressive.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

While I love it... I can't hide at least a little concern over the fact that on a night when McLean was obviously not his "normal" self, our 6-foot (on his tippy toes) point guard was the one who picked up the rebounding void in place of our 7-foot center.

Just for kicks, I decided to look up how many active NBA players have notched a triple-double and NBA Title in the same season...

Active Leaders in Triple Doubles:
    - Jason Kidd (105)
    - Grant Hill & Lebron James (tied 29)
    - Kobe Bryant (17)
    - Kevin Garnett (16)
    - Lamar Odom (12)
    - Chris Paul (11)
    - Baron Davis (10)

Kidd/Hill/James/Paul/Davis = ZERO NBA Titles
    Kobe had 12 of his 17 triple doubles in seasons he didn't win a NBA Title
    Garnett had all of his career triple doubles with Minnesota where he won zero titles
    Lamar Odom had zero triple doubles in seasons when he won an NBA title

If you're keeping score at home... 5 times out of 229 (~2%) it has resulted in a championship. I know this doesn't directly translate into the college game but I think the message is clear: stats are for individuals and championships are for teams.

Other than Tu, the team was obviously flat. Great job by Tu picking up the slack. I'm hoping he doesn't have to do it again, though.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Wink

To show all how hard that is, triple double, there is only ONE, yes, one NBA player to turn that trick for an entire NBA season, Oscar Robertson, early 60s with Cinti Royals, now Sacramento.:D;)