Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We also have to remember the Hawks are a very talented team as well that is simply just having an off year, while I believe Vasquez is playing for Memphis, which is much improved, but one could make the argument they are overachieving and still doesn't look like a great team.

JD definitely sounded like he was inferring Jordan should have come back so JC's disinterest with responding came as no surprise to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehose View Post
    See, what you're using there is commonly referred to as Logic, which I've discovered doesn't really have a lot to do with the way the world operates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    He isn't playing in the NBA. It is better to be playing than not playing. He could have stayed and increased his draft stock. Imagine this team with Junior Jorday Crawford. He has to be thinking that too when watching the game. Looks to me like he went too soon and it will hurt his development as a player by not playing.
    Yikes!!! come on now Snipe.

I remember you said the same thing with Derrick Brown. Perhaps in his case, that argument has more weight (I still strongly disagree).

You simply can't turn down a 1st round draft spot. To be 100% honest, I think it was a bad move for West to stay an additional year.

Players risk injury. And there's a much better chance that they lose spots rather than gain. For Jordan Crawford, a late 1st rounder, that would be a disaster.

This board is too college basketball centric. It's easy to forget that nearly every basketball player in the country would rather ride the bench in the NBA for a year than have a great 4 year college career.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 02-20-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Talking

First, there are two ways to ask that question."Do you have any regrets about leaving early?" or No regrets about leaving early, are there? " The one demands an answer. The other, really rhetorical, implies the answer is already known.
    That said, and from his tweets Crawford remains close to his former teammates, especially Holloway, whom he quite often refers to, and that worries me.
    Unlike you Guy, for maybe a rare occasion, I agree with Snipe. I sincerely hope that Tu is not too influenced by JC, because they are very different. Yes, both can take over a game and dominate. But JC is bigger and in no way as good at setting up and feeding teammates. Two triple doubles, the only player in Xavier's storied history to do that. Saturday night was proof positive that Tu is a better point guard. There is so much awaiting him next year. His parents can take out an insurance policy, he will almost certainly be chosen captain, and he could be part of the best team in Xavier's history. The talent will be there.
    Should Crawford have stayed? Probably no. But he was fortunate to be drafted in that first round. I hope something happens that gives JC more playing time. And I hope that Tu gets the correct advice from everyone who counts.

Jim Day is a total douche-schnozzle.

^^^^^^What a douche-bag!
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

There is no way to answer that question. Say yes, and people will be upset that he left.

Say no, and people will think it was stupid because he didn't stay.

So really, what exactly is the point of the question? There really is no point.

That's why it's a stupid question to ask. And Jordan has probably heard a million times.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I agree, it was a dumb question by Day and I was hoping he wouldn't ask it. Jordan Crawford did not make a mistake. He was a first round NBA draft pick which is the dream of every basketball player. It was also the right choice because who knows if there is even a season next year. Assuming they do play next year, Jordan should get more PT if the Hawks dont re-sign Jamal Crawford. Stupid question which deserved the response that Jordan gave.

"He isn't playing in the NBA. It is better to be playing than not playing. He could have stayed and increased his draft stock. Imagine this team with Junior Jorday Crawford. He has to be thinking that too when watching the game. Looks to me like he went too soon and it will hurt his development as a player by not playing."

or he coulda sustained a career ending injury and never made a dime.....he was right to take the $

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    He isn't playing in the NBA. It is better to be playing than not playing. He could have stayed and increased his draft stock. Imagine this team with Junior Jorday Crawford. He has to be thinking that too when watching the game. Looks to me like he went too soon and it will hurt his development as a player by not playing.
    I'm sorry, but this makes zero sense.

He was drafted in the first round, and got guaranteed seven figures. It was his dream to play in the NBA, and his career is not quite a year old. I don't see how one could say that he left too soon. There's no guarantee that had he stuck around for this year that his stock would have been as high. Even if it was, the payout likely would not be much higher than what he got now. I don't agree that one more year in college would mean he'd likely get more play his rookie year in the pros. Crawford's a scorer. He left Xavier scoring a lot of points. He struck while the iron was hot, and and it paid off. Boy, did it pay off. He has plenty of time to become a big time player in the league, he just has to take his early lumps and continue to work at it.

Also, people incorrectly assume that once players get to the NBA, their development stops, and they'll continue to be the same player they were when they got drafted. There are so many examples to the contrary, it's almost not worth addressing. I mean, look no further than our own David West. He did nothing his first few years in the NBA before becoming an All-Star.

Although it is disappointing that Jordan is playing sparingly in the NBA when he could have been playing lots of minutes for Xavier this year, it's hard to criticism him when he was a first round pick and he is making a nice chunk of change.

It was just a stupid question by Day. He should have questioned Crawford as if he was a senior who had played out his eligibility. Is was an uncomfortable moment that you could just see coming and you hoped that it Day would not ask it. It does absolutely no good to the player or fans to ask about this, and we're not on "Outside the Lines".

Maybe he can develop a lot while counting his money. No one in their right mind would pass up the opportunity to cash in on a million $ or more when the possibility of a career ending injury is on the other side of the equation.