Supporting Member

Networking Request

As some of you may know I will be graduating from law school in May. While normally exciting, and I am excited to put my formal education years behind me, I will be entering a sub-par job market. I know several lawyers post on this board and I was hoping to learn from your experience. I will be making a trip to Cincinnati this weekend to see the Frisbee dogs live (I also hear the Xavier Men's team will be providing the pregame and post game entertainment by destroying a collection of 12 students from Fordham) and I would be grateful if any lawyer posters could spare a half hour to sit down and talk.

My long term goal is to eventually be a generalist solo practitioner, however the path from here to there is something that I still need to develop. Needless to say I would be willing to buy a pregame beer at Dana's or a cup of coffee earlier in the day for anyone that can spare some time.

If you are available please PM me your email address and we can set up a time and location.

Thank You
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

I am no lawyer, but I have paid a few of them a lot of my money.

Good luck young man, and networking is a great way to begin your career path.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

A few years ago I began clamoring for a Networking Forum on this message board. The fact that there is no Networking Forum today speaks to my credibility on this site, further punctuated by a 15 seed in my own damn game.
    It's winning time.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    A few years ago I began clamoring for a Networking Forum on this message board. The fact that there is no Networking Forum today speaks to my credibility on this site, further punctuated by a 15 seed in my own damn game.
    Given your sudden rise in rep points I think you should start making that request again, maybe you will get a better result.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

PM me your email. I'd be happy to talk about the "practice" of law.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Re-posting here because it's the appropriate forum:

I'm in Law School at Loyola University Chicago. I'm also currently clerking at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

And since I have no shame here goes the following:

For any attorneys that live in Chicago: I have a great interest in litigation. I'm obtaining my 711 License in May and will (hopefully) litigate some narcotics bench trials at the State's Attorney's Office during the summer. I really would like to remain in the criminal law field but I'm also open to new opportunities wherever available. I also have experience writing briefs (appellate brief writing course) and have researched and written motions and responses to (defense) motions in felony trials.

If any of you are X alums and attorneys here in Chi-town, I'd love to be able to meet and participate in the never-ending circle jerk I've come to know as networking.
    "He's just saying that because he loses every year. If I got my butt kicked, I'd say the same thing."