Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What exactly are we concerned about? We're in the discussion for players that we never would have been involved with before. In the past, we would never have been having these conversations because they never would have started in the first place. X is now losing out to Kentucky, Duke, etc. Eventually, they'll start getting one or two of those and the snowball can start rolling.

In Mack, Steele, Kelsey, etc. we trust. All is well.

If DSR doesn't work out, Graham is still high on Xavier. He said he'll be narrowing down his list towards the end of the summer in order to make a decision. I wonder if he's watching to see if DSR re-commits; that might determine how interested he is in X (and reciprocally, how interested X still is in him, with only 2, maybe 3 scholarships available).

The first part of the article is available for everyone, but it looks like the second part is for Rivals members only:

http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noe...tid=&mid=&rid=

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    If DSR doesn't work out, Graham is still high on Xavier. He said he'll be narrowing down his list towards the end of the summer in order to make a decision. I wonder if he's watching to see if DSR re-commits; that might determine how interested he is in X (and reciprocally, how interested X still is in him, with only 2, maybe 3 scholarships available).

The first part of the article is available for everyone, but it looks like the second part is for Rivals members only:

http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noe...tid=&mid=&rid=
    Technically we have 4 scholarships that are currently available for 2012 and we would definitely have room and take both if they both want to come to Xavier...DSR wants to play PG more, but can also play the SG spot...Graham is more of a SG...Myles Davis is another SG to keep your eye on for 2012. We could definitely take 2 of these 3 if they all wanted to come to X.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    Technically we have 4 scholarships that are currently available for 2012 and we would definitely have room and take both if they both want to come to Xavier...DSR wants to play PG more, but can also play the SG spot...Graham is more of a SG...Myles Davis is another SG to keep your eye on for 2012. We could definitely take 2 of these 3 if they all wanted to come to X.
    True, they could both have room. Dee Davis might block up some playing time though or be the one who loses out in this situation.

Technically we have four scholarships at this point, but I'd wager we use at least one on a transfer or 2011 guy. Actually, I think that would be ideal to just have one of the two available scholarships used for this next year, if the coaching staff believes it can get a good third recruit by saving the other scholarship. And if they don't feel like they're passing up on a great transfer by saving it. A transfer wouldn't be able to play until 2012 anyway. Of course, in addition to a re-classified Sim Bhullar, getting one of the late signees or recent de-commitments for immediate playing time in 2011 is always an option.

Since we need probably one big man, to use the other three between some combination of Kyle Anderson, DSR, Torian Graham, and Myles Davis would be fantastic, especially if it included Anderson, since he can basically play anything but the 5. If we had that, we would have one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Also, are we still really in the mix for Gary Harris, or is that opportunity falling by the wayside?

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1215050

He headlined the King James Classic, per Rivals. A nice little blurb about him at the beginning

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1215050

He headlined the King James Classic, per Rivals. A nice little blurb about him at the beginning
    Scary end to the blurb! I hope he is still considering X.

Yeah, UK and UNC appear to be the front-runners (despite no offers yet), while the other schools might be interchangeable. The King James Classic just finished up today, so if Jerry Meyer got his list from an interview on the first day (the 22nd, the date of the article), then that is more up-to-date. If he is relying on an old list and did not get a chance to get an update from Graham, then Rick Broering's list is more current, as he specifically asked about Xavier (but who knows when the list given to CatsIllustrated occurred). Since Broering asked specifically about Xavier though, a high school junior may have felt pressured to still include them in his list (Ugh, it would be like not telling that girl at school that you didn't like her back).

Sophomore
    True, they could both have room. Dee Davis might block up some playing time though or be the one who loses out in this situation.

Technically we have four scholarships at this point, but I'd wager we use at least one on a transfer or 2011 guy. Actually, I think that would be ideal to just have one of the two available scholarships used for this next year, if the coaching staff believes it can get a good third recruit by saving the other scholarship. And if they don't feel like they're passing up on a great transfer by saving it. A transfer wouldn't be able to play until 2012 anyway. Of course, in addition to a re-classified Sim Bhullar, getting one of the late signees or recent de-commitments for immediate playing time in 2011 is always an option.

Since we need probably one big man, to use the other three between some combination of Kyle Anderson, DSR, Torian Graham, and Myles Davis would be fantastic, especially if it included Anderson, since he can basically play anything but the 5. If we had that, we would have one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Also, are we still really in the mix for Gary Harris, or is that opportunity falling by the wayside?
    Everyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think out of those guys we really only still have a good shot at Myles Davis and DSR. I don't know about DSR anymore either. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like we were in on some of these guys early, but haven't been near the top in a little while.

Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I think everything changed when Dez Wells committed. He is the new standard for recruiting @ X, top 50-75 - 4 1/2 star guys. Also, some of these recruits look at the guys we are getting and maybe wonder "will I be good enough' or end up like some others who transferred. I think we are pretty well loaded for next year. I'm wondering where the pt will be coming for the newer guys we already have. I think you're gonna have to be pretty damn good to get an offer from X now, and definitely be a guy who fills a future need. Most all the 5 stars are headed to one and done U, We'll recruit from the next tier now.:D

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I think everything changed when Dez Wells committed. He is the new standard for recruiting @ X, top 50-75 - 4 1/2 star guys. Also, some of these recruits look at the guys we are getting and maybe wonder "will I be good enough' or end up like some others who transferred. I think we are pretty well loaded for next year. I'm wondering where the pt will be coming for the newer guys we already have. I think you're gonna have to be pretty damn good to get an offer from X now, and definitely be a guy who fills a future need. Most all the 5 stars are headed to one and done U, We'll recruit from the next tier now.:D
    Which is why these borderline top 25 guys are perfect, especially the ones like DSR who bring up questions concerning their pro potential but no questions at all concerning their enormous college potential.