Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry I Couldn't Resist (saying that dayton sucks---Thor addition)

I had to go take a look at the UD chatboard tonight. First post I read was really all that I needed to see. The middle paragraph went like this...

"To our south Xavier consistently accomplishes what we only dream of,...while coaches come and go as through a revolving door. Rather than endlessly hash and rehash reasons, absent the post season a change has to be made. Rationale people don't keep doing the same thing over and over expecting differerent results."

<snickering>

I hope he kick the snot out of them.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I found this:

Enough is Enough!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is becoming an absolute joke. When, if ever, does the coach become accountable for the product on the floor.

It's time to fire BG. This is a monumental collapse. This is embarrassing for the University, the city and the fans.

Let's blame it all on injuries and have BG back for yet another year of disappointment. At what point do we give up on this guy. His players are here and they are LOSING. His coaching is AWFUL. Absolutely terrible coaching.

Does this guy notice the scoreboard lighting up and good things happening when Charles Little is in the game? Jimmy Binnie is probably a great guy, a good hustler, etc. He is not a starter for a college team on any level. It just comes down to common sense. Brian Gregory has no common sense. He is going to overcoach himself right out of Dayton.

At what point do we start demanding something better. What will it take for the flyer faithful to realize that this isn't the guy for us. When we lose to Wright State at UD Arena in the first round of the NIT, BG's fate will be sealed.

I am f#$%ing sick and tired of this bull$&*$. Brian Roberts is on pace to never play an NCAA tournament game. What a f$%&ing shame!!!

This was also over ad udSlide!

A couple of intersting pictures. I could not figure out how to link the plane image.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3853
    Last edited by joebba; 02-13-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Sometimes reality slaps you in the face. I have some respect for UD, but they should not have visions of grandeur. They are a good team, but that's about it. If you want wins and respect, then you have to earn it. Frankly, what major talent, whether it be players or coaches, is going to take a serious look at UD?
    At some point, you have to accept (I didn't say like) the fact that UD is a good team, but not a serious player nationally.

This is why I don't get caught up in A-10 rivalries....Xavier needs to think bigger. I'm saying that X has to take care of business in conference, but not get caught up with low expectations. I'm happy X won tonite, but I'm not jumping out of my chair. To borrow a line.......play like a champion!

Did I say too much? LOL
    Talent on loan from God

They have been exposed. I am laughing my ass off. Suck it dayton. NIT is your best bet. Again.

Any dayton fans reading this, we will sweep you, yet again. That will be 5 in a row. You suck.

They actually now have a thread that they will be better next year because Brian Roberts will be gone and everyone else will have to step up. They live in a fantasy land up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    They actually now have a thread that they will be better next year because Brian Roberts will be gone and everyone else will have to step up. They live in a fantasy land up there.
    More like candy land.

Nothing brightens my day more than another ud loss. The meltdown is classic, and quite appropriate. The injuries they have had can't be overlooked, but Geez Louise, that team is a shell of itself.

ud still blows.

Someone on the A-10 board posted the following:

Duquesne has passed Dayton as a program.

Unfortunately, the poster provided no charts or graphs in support.

dayton fans didn't want to hear that they were a one hit wonder with Roberts. They didn't want to even consider that if Roberts went down or had a bad game they would lose.

Uh. They were once again, incredibly wrong. Come on already. Roberts is a very good player, but they have nothing beyond him, relying on a freshman for their second most important player? Exposed.

dayton better hope they make the NIT.