Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Is that the Shell off of Union Centre Blvd in West Chester? I am convinced that is a front for something, cause they are always 50 cents higher than any other gas station in the area, even when prices were low.
    I think they do that because they’re the first station you come to getting off I-75, so they can gouge. But, you’re right, they’re always way over priced. The Shell a few miles away on 747 has prices in line with Kroger and UDF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

There is a station in Orlando called "SUN GAS" (looks like a shell station) right outside of the airport that basically charges double for gas taking advantage of people who need to fill their rent-a-car before taking it back. People in a hurry don't really notice until they are pumping. Drive down to the WEWA a couple of blocks away and pay HALF as much. Been a scam for years but apparently nobody can do anything about it.
    2023 Sweet 16

GasBuddy is a great app. Problem is that ALL gas prices suck now thanks to FJB.

Let's go Brandon!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

USA TODAY Francesca Chambers | Published June 15, 2015

With gas prices at $5 a gallon, Biden tells oil companies to cut costs for Americans

President Joe Biden told oil producers on Wednesday to immediately cut costs for Americans as gas prices exceeded $5 a gallon in some parts of the country.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil producers responded by saying "No".
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    A Gas station manager got fired (can't remember where) for accidentally setting the pumps for one of the octanes at $0.69 instead of $6.99. Word spread and the station lost $20,000 before fixing he mistake.

Wish I could find that!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    USA TODAY Francesca Chambers | Published June 15, 2015

With gas prices at $5 a gallon, Biden tells oil companies to cut costs for Americans

President Joe Biden told oil producers on Wednesday to immediately cut costs for Americans as gas prices exceeded $5 a gallon in some parts of the country.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil producers responded by saying "No".
    Once again proving that politicians have no clue how supply and demand, and businesses in general, actually work. Let’s just wave our magic wands and cut costs. Let’s also have the magic wand change oil futures speculation. That can’t have anything to do with the price of oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

To be fair: It's pretty evident that most people don't understand how gas prices work either, based on the amount of folks I hear blaming the President for high gas prices. We don't have nationalized oil production, nor does the government set gas prices (nor should they), so they are limited in the scope of what they can do outside of things like a gas tax holiday and potentially taxing so-called windfall profits from oil companies. Which would certainly help.

High gas prices are a global problem so it seems relatively unlikely that the President of one country would be solely responsible. It's the same reason 'pumping more oil domestically' doesn't really achieve the desired objective. The oil that companies pump domestically doesn't necessarily stay in America. If oil is trading at $110 a barrel, those private corporations aren't going to sell it to domestic gas producers at $60 per barrel when they can sell it internationally for $110.

The United States is actually a/the leading producer of oil - neck and neck with Russia and Saudi Arabia. The thing is that the oil we pump isn't just for us, and it isn't pumped by the government. Private companies decide where it goes, and the market determines the price.

Republicans want people to believe that Joe Biden and the Democrats are responsible for high gas prices, and Joe Biden and the Democrats want you to believe that corporate greed is to blame for high gas prices. Both are leaving out a lot of important details, IMO.
    Eat Donuts!

Good points Booze.

Re: the title of this thread. Costco at $4.15/gal for regular here today. Maybe it's starting to come down. Would help everybody.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    To be fair: It's pretty evident that most people don't understand how gas prices work either, based on the amount of folks I hear blaming the President for high gas prices. We don't have nationalized oil production, nor does the government set gas prices (nor should they), so they are limited in the scope of what they can do outside of things like a gas tax holiday and potentially taxing so-called windfall profits from oil companies. Which would certainly help.

High gas prices are a global problem so it seems relatively unlikely that the President of one country would be solely responsible. It's the same reason 'pumping more oil domestically' doesn't really achieve the desired objective. The oil that companies pump domestically doesn't necessarily stay in America. If oil is trading at $110 a barrel, those private corporations aren't going to sell it to domestic gas producers at $60 per barrel when they can sell it internationally for $110.

The United States is actually a/the leading producer of oil - neck and neck with Russia and Saudi Arabia. The thing is that the oil we pump isn't just for us, and it isn't pumped by the government. Private companies decide where it goes, and the market determines the price.

Republicans want people to believe that Joe Biden and the Democrats are responsible for high gas prices, and Joe Biden and the Democrats want you to believe that corporate greed is to blame for high gas prices. Both are leaving out a lot of important details, IMO.
    Um, we have quasi nationalization thru the permit process and the EPA.

The EOs signed by the current POTUS have hindered domestic production just as he intended them to. Listen to his 2020 campaign promises.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Good points Booze.

Re: the title of this thread. Costco at $4.15/gal for regular here today. Maybe it's starting to come down. Would help everybody.
    Great, I paid $1.98/gal at Costco in 2019.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)