Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I would say it's not shopping for gas as much as paying attention. Coming back from Louisville the other day with my son I filled up for 3.15 drove a half a block and saw 2.95 .20 per gallon for 15 gallons = 3.00 which would have paid for my 2 drinks and snack on the way home.
    Balls of Steele!!

I am not bashing anyone that shops around. I wish everyone else in the world would. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it because a station that charged 1 penny more would go out of business.

I learned a long time ago that simply because something makes economic sense (buying gas at the lowest possible price, for example) does not necessarily make it the right thing personally. Similarly, something that may make sense for me economically may not be the best choice overall for others. If it gnaws at you that you might have paid too much for gas, it is worth it for you personally to satisfy that need, even if it "costs" time and effort. You are happier in the long run. I would not be. Same variables, two different answers.

As an accountant, I came out of college with a "there's one correct answer" mentality about money. As I've aged, I've learned just how foolish that was.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I will shop around within a certain radius of gas stations. As others have stated, there can be a big difference just between a few blocks and certain parts of town that are right next to each other.
    Zip'em Up!

So when will gas prices hit $4.00 a gallon in the Cincinnati area??
    Balls of Steele!!

This thread title is becoming quite the Oxymoron.

Bump
    Balls of Steele!!

Filled up at Sam's in Florence this morning for $4.06
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Gas Buddy is a good app for gas prices in the area.

There is a gas station right outside of our neighborhood on a very good corner. They are charging $4.59 and selling gas all day long. If you go one mile in any direction you can buy gas for $4.09.

I’m not waiting in line at Costco or driving across town to save a few cents a gallon, but I find this insulting! THEY ARE CALLING YOU STUPID! I wouldn’t buy a bottle of water from them! But they don’t need MY money. Plenty of people have no idea they are getting ripped off or are willing to pay a ridiculous premium for convenience.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    There is a gas station right outside of our neighborhood on a very good corner. They are charging $4.59 and selling gas all day long. If you go one mile in any direction you can buy gas for $4.09.

I’m not waiting in line at Costco or driving across town to save a few cents a gallon, but I find this insulting! THEY ARE CALLING YOU STUPID! I wouldn’t buy a bottle of water from them! But they don’t need MY money. Plenty of people have no idea they are getting ripped off or are willing to pay a ridiculous premium for convenience.
    Is that the Shell off of Union Centre Blvd in West Chester? I am convinced that is a front for something, cause they are always 50 cents higher than any other gas station in the area, even when prices were low.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack