Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Sophomore newtsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mack's Laboratory
    Posts
    394

    The Recession Finally Catches Up to Me

    Fellow Xavier Hoops Fiends,

    I was recently laid off (along with the entire business development team and then some) from my Marketing Director position at a national Healthcare company in the Indianapolis area. It was nightmarish to watch the major banks squander mounds of cash leading to up to the financial crisis and then to watch our team of Principals simply repeat this process until they were forced to cut down the workforce in order to continue to make payroll. Needless to say, you never think it can happen to you... but as long as you work for someone else, your career path is never completely in your own hands.

    I am not looking for sympathies here - if I was, I would head over to the warm, loving arms of MrNegative and that other board. What I am looking for is, well, help - introductions, connections, work, etc...

    I am currently freelancing both Marketing/Branding/Web/SEO services and Video Editing work. Freelancing is ebb and flow and it is always nice to have too much work to handle. I am currently doing contract marketing work for a Branding firm called Tactic (www.tacticmarketing.com) and any marketing work would be in collaboration with the fine people at Tactic. You can also see examples of my video work at www.OnCars.com, for whom I edited videos for nearly a year (specifically the Audi A4, Mini John Cooper Works, Lincoln MKS, Hyundai Genesis, and many more). Basically, I am a nationally recognized Brander with strong experience in the healthcare, dental, and technology industries.

    [Now for an emotional appeal]

    I have two very young daughters at home and I really need to get back to steady work... because watching the kids all is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. (Not where you thought I was going with that, huh?)

    Any help is will be appreciated beyond imagination. Best of luck to everyone in 2011 and will someone please find Titan a job as well?

    Thanks in advance. God Bless.

  2. #2
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,743
    Quote Originally Posted by newtsac View Post
    Fellow Xavier Hoops Fiends,

    I was recently laid off (along with the entire business development team and then some) from my Marketing Director position at a national Healthcare company in the Indianapolis area. It was nightmarish to watch the major banks squander mounds of cash leading to up to the financial crisis and then to watch our team of Principals simply repeat this process until they were forced to cut down the workforce in order to continue to make payroll. Needless to say, you never think it can happen to you... but as long as you work for someone else, your career path is never completely in your own hands.

    I am not looking for sympathies here - if I was, I would head over to the warm, loving arms of MrNegative and that other board. What I am looking for is, well, help - introductions, connections, work, etc...

    I am currently freelancing both Marketing/Branding/Web/SEO services and Video Editing work. Freelancing is ebb and flow and it is always nice to have too much work to handle. I am currently doing contract marketing work for a Branding firm called Tactic (www.tacticmarketing.com) and any marketing work would be in collaboration with the fine people at Tactic. You can also see examples of my video work at www.OnCars.com, for whom I edited videos for nearly a year (specifically the Audi A4, Mini John Cooper Works, Lincoln MKS, Hyundai Genesis, and many more). Basically, I am a nationally recognized Brander with strong experience in the healthcare, dental, and technology industries.

    [Now for an emotional appeal]

    I have two very young daughters at home and I really need to get back to steady work... because watching the kids all is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. (Not where you thought I was going with that, huh?)

    Any help is will be appreciated beyond imagination. Best of luck to everyone in 2011 and will someone please find Titan a job as well?

    Thanks in advance. God Bless.
    Have you looked at Thomson West? They have a huge web/video marketing department. I just met with our Rep last week.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  3. #3
    Junior LadyMuskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,519
    I don't have any leads for you, and I know you're not looking for sympathy, but I still wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear you lost your job. I am going to email some people I know who work in marketing in the Cincy area to see what they say. If I hear anything positive I'll post back and let you know.

  4. #4
    Sophomore newtsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mack's Laboratory
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Have you looked at Thomson West? They have a huge web/video marketing department. I just met with our Rep last week.
    Haha, thanks for the idea - my wife is a lawyer so this might be something that could fit.

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    Sophomore newtsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mack's Laboratory
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    I don't have any leads for you, and I know you're not looking for sympathy, but I still wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear you lost your job. I am going to email some people I know who work in marketing in the Cincy area to see what they say. If I hear anything positive I'll post back and let you know.
    Thanks for your help AND sympathy. Much appreciated.

  6. #6
    Sophomore xu2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upper Bowl
    Posts
    497
    Newtsac - Just PMed you.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member Woodburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by xu2006 View Post
    Newtsac - Just PMed you.
    ditto
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •