Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Toto wants to meet Tu Holloway

In 1982, Toto released their hit "Rosanna." Seven years later, Terrell "Tu" Holloway was born. (Side note: I can't believe I was entering my Freshman year at Miami when Holloway was born. That makes me feel ancient.)

Back to the present: In December, while my son and I were driving to Cincinnati for Redsfest, somewhere near Bowling Green the song Rosanna came on. When they got to the chorus, my son asked why they were singing about Tu Holloway.

Skip to the 1:05 mark to get to the chorus.

Meet Tu Holloway

I think Tu should consider making this his theme song.
    Last edited by Michigan Muskie; 09-30-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    It's winning time.

That is awesome. Nostradamus has nothing on Toto.

Kind of like Elton John's famous hit "Hold Me Closer Tony Danza" came out years before he outed himself from the closet.

I will never sing along with that song the same way again. It will forever be "Meet Tu Holloway"

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    I will never sing along with that song the same way again. It will forever be "Meet Tu Holloway"
    Agreed - It's forever changed. I think the pep band should learn it. Hell, I'd sing it loud and proud in the stands.
    It's winning time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    Agreed - It's forever changed. I think the pep band should learn it. Hell, I'd sing it loud and proud in the stands.
    That's a great idea. Just the chorus part after he makes another of his spectacular plays.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

That is hysterical! A Toto song of all things. If I had time and access to the editing programs I used to, I could come up with a hell of a video to this song. Anyone?

Toto looks like Balzac!

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    That is hysterical! A Toto song of all things. If I had time and access to the editing programs I used to, I could come up with a hell of a video to this song. Anyone?
    Time is the problem this year. I haven't even been able to do the avatar updates I planned. Some of the practiced lyricists on this board could probably re-write the whole song.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    Time is the problem this year. I haven't even been able to do the avatar updates I planned. Some of the practiced lyricists on this board could probably re-write the whole song.
    JimmyTwo's photoshops and Titan's sign have more than made up for the current absence of said avatars. But if they do resurface, we'll be waiting.