Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I here you booze. When I saw The Sheriff walk by me I was stunned at how tall he is. Tu Holloway is one guy I may actually have a hair on, but Redford is also every bit of 6 feet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It's amazing how small those guys look on the court. 6 feet tall is not short by any means but Lyons looks tiny compared to all the other guys out there.
    I agree. I'm 6'2" but always feel short when I'm around college basketball players. There's something about looking the "little guys" in the face that makes you feel very small. If you ever have the chance to stand next to King Kenny your chin will drop to the floor.

Didn't Lyons dunk the ball today?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Didn't Lyons dunk the ball today?
    He can jump. Won the dunk contest one year I think.

Sophomore
    If you are 6'2" and play shooting guard, you had better be quick and explosive (read Lyons. Yes he won the dunk contest by leaping over one of our PF's to dunk the ball.).
    Apparently this kid is neither. The write up says he lacks speed and quickness, but is a great jump shooter. Sounds like a slightly taller Redford to me. Nothing against Brad, but he has a heck off a time getting his shot off against the taller, quicker guards at this level. We need a shooting guard who has the size and skills to get to the basket, but can also shoot the three at a good percentage. I'll take DSR, thank you very much. Keep your fingers crossed that he recommits.

GO MUSKIES!

Bringing this back up to the top of the thread as I think Myles will be seeing X a lot over the next few months. I feel that we will go after a SG like him to complement all of the post player depth we seem to have in the fold for the next few years.
    Xavier Basketball "Unfinished Business" - Chris Mack

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie1995 View Post
    Bringing this back up to the top of the thread as I think Myles will be seeing X a lot over the next few months. I feel that we will go after a SG like him to complement all of the post player depth we seem to have in the fold for the next few years.
    Agreed. I would love to have him and DSR as the bulkier guards with different skill sets to complement the quickness of Dee Davis.

To the people who say he's too short as a shooting guard to not be very explosive and athletic, I'd like to remind you that the same description could fit a Mr. Stanley Burrell, who was only an inch taller. Seems like he worked out pretty well.

And from the videos I've watched, he's definitely not just a slightly taller Redford. He's not very explosive or athletic when compared to mid-to-high-D1 guards in general, but he is definitely better off in those categories than Redford, not to mention possessing good slashing abilities, a solid handle, and decent strength (with a frame that could easily add more in college). Plus in the end, he is taller than Redford. Being about two inches shorter than opponents versus being about four inches shorter is a big difference.

Sophomore
    Big Time shooter. Give me him and Kareem Canty and end the 2012 class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y2UKiXPtGA
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Visiting X this weekend via Evan Daniels on twitter
    Live Action