Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    John Wall, Jordan Crawford, Andre Walker. All players who will play one season for their team and then will be done.
    This is a joke right? Sure they played one season with their team and then will be done, but no one calls 5th year transfer seniors one in done, the same way they would call John Wall one and done.

To even compare Jordan Crawford to a one and done player is just dumb, one and done doesn't mean "one year with the team, then done" it means one year in college, and then done. Everyone is aware of that. Hell, I would never call someone who is in college basketball for more than one year to be a one and done player.

I have no issue with one and done players, I would love Xavier to get some of them, I just have an issue with saying Jordan Crawford was a one and done player. It's not even close to being true.

What the hell is difference what you call a player who plays for your team for one year?

I'm not sure how this is so impossible to comprehend.

Is there some rule in basketball that you MUST refer to a one and done player as someone who comes directly from high school, then goes off to the NBA? And if so, who came up with this rule? How was it decided?

If you and Jumpy don't care about one and done players, then leave it at that. Not sure why you guys want to continue to bring up some made up description of a player's tenure.

Who gives a shit? Jordan played one year. That's all. There really is no difference in terms of actually playing a game for Xavier then your made up definition of a player like John Wall.

You want to keep banging your head against the wall about what the made up definition of one and done is, then please be my guest.

All I did was reply to a comment by someone who didn't want a player who would play one year for Xavier. I mentioned Crawford, who was probably the best player to suit up for us for one year. It was just a different way of looking at something I considered and you agree, would be great for Xavier. Talented players who if they only stay one year, then so be it.

Now unless you want to make sure I fully and completely agree with your definition of one and done, I consider my participation on this thread done.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Junior
    It generally refers to the players who would have entered the NBA draft out of high school, were they eligible. Players who were recruited with the expectation that they would only stay one year.

Who gives a shit? Jordan played one year. That's all. There really is no difference in terms of actually playing a game for Xavier then your made up definition of a player like John Wall.
    Not really true, considering he had a year of practice with the team before he played his one year with the team. Some people don't want one and done players because it ruins team chemistry, or it takes a while for a player to learn a system, not the case with Crawford as he had a year of learning the system. So that's actually a big difference when you think about it. He also had a year of college basketball before that so he understood the pace of the game and what he needed to do to improve.

Regardless, your not going to change your opinion on what a true one and done player is, even though it's completely different from anyone else s who watches college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Not really true, considering he had a year of practice with the team before he played his one year with the team. Some people don't want one and done players because it ruins team chemistry, or it takes a while for a player to learn a system, not the case with Crawford as he had a year of learning the system. So that's actually a big difference when you think about it. He also had a year of college basketball before that so he understood the pace of the game and what he needed to do to improve.

Regardless, your not going to change your opinion on what a true one and done player is, even though it's completely different from anyone else s who watches college basketball.
    In addition, I'm sure the 2008-2009 team significantly benefited from playing against him in all their practices. I'm guessing B.J. Raymond, C.J. Anderson, and Dante Jackson all had to guard him at different points.

Why are we arguing semantics?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Why are we arguing semantics?
    Cause there's nothing else going on?

Did you watch the season in which Jordan played? And if you actually did, you'll remember the difficulties the team and especially Jordan had when he actually played in a game. Oh and the fact that Jordan had to play under a new head coach...so what exactly did that year of practice help?

Also on your last point there are plenty of people who like to refer to our program as a mid major and there always seem to be an argument from Xavier fans thoughts on that manner then anyone else who watches college basketball.

But good overall non points you made there.

Did you watch the season in which Jordan played? And if you actually did, you'll remember the difficulties the team and especially Jordan had when he actually played in a game. Oh and the fact that Jordan had to play under a new head coach...so what exactly did that year of practice help?
    So you don't think that Jordan Crawford playing a year of college basketball, then sitting out a year and practicing all year, helped him? No advantage getting to see what the pace of college basketball was like, then improve his game because of it? You don't honestly label him as a one and done player do you?

You just used a poor example of Jordan Crawford when telling other Xavier fans why one and done players would be a good thing for Xavier, and now your trying to back that up. One and done players would be good for Xavier, but JC was not a one and done player, nice try though.

nice try though.
    Okay _LH. Thanks.

I'm not sure where you get the notion of the "pace of the game" crap from. I'm not sure how that worked when Jordan and our team struggled offensively at the beginning of the season.

All I care about is he played for us one year. That is simply a fact. Use whatever goddamn term you want. Jesus Christ people, it's really not that hard of a concept to understand.

It's really funny how you hold onto this term, "NO DC MUSKIE, no you are not using the term correctly! Jordan wasn't one and done, he got to sit in on practice and learn the pace of the game!"

Here are some definitions of one and done from urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...e%20and%20done

Do you still want to tell me how I'm using the term incorrectly? Do you somehow think I really give a shit what you have to say about it?