Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If you have time to venture outside of Louisville, I highly recommend buffalo trace in Frankfort and Woodford reserve in Versailles. You won't be disappointed.
    Enjoy some chocolate with that Woodford Reserve!
    X A V I E R

And I might recommend calling ahead at more popular ones and reserve a tour time. If you’re there a day they’re busy, you may have to wait for a tour. Finally, January is a slower time of the year and there be limited tour times. Again, calling ahead can confirm each situation. Enjoy.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Enjoy some chocolate with that Woodford Reserve!
    Totally! The new tasting room is the bomb. If you are coming from Louisville, you will be passing Loretto, home of Makers. It's a bit too "professional", but the setting is spectacular.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Buffalo Trace was phenomenal. I liked it 1000% more than Woodford Reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant Ö isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I just wanted to point out that having a city pronounced VER-SALES is just the most Kentucky thing ever. Here in Wichita, we have the Ar-KANSAS River, and I live a mile from a street spelled Greenwich and pronounced GREEN-WHICH.

Back on topic, I'm from Louisville and have never set foot in any of the Kentucky distilleries (never actually lived in Louisville after turning 21). I really need to rectify that soon.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    We have a similar pronounced Versailles that's located in Western Ohio. These are the same people that have alternate pronounciations for Russia and Houston nearby as well.

Also see Rio Grande ("Rye-O") in Gallia County in SE Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Back on topic, I'm from Louisville and have never set foot in any of the Kentucky distilleries (never actually lived in Louisville after turning 21). I really need to rectify that soon.
    You should be ashamed.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

We have Versailles, Indiana. Itís pronounced Ver-Sales here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant Ö isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I just wanted to point out that having a city pronounced VER-SALES is just the most Kentucky thing ever. Here in Wichita, we have the Ar-KANSAS River, and I live a mile from a street spelled Greenwich and pronounced GREEN-WHICH.

So which of the pronunciations of Louisville, Lewisville, Looeyville, Looaville, Looavull do you use.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!