Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Party source has a new tasting area that might be of help gaining a little knowledge without getting blotto.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Party source has a new tasting area that might be of help gaining a little knowledge without getting blotto.
    The employees there absolutely love to talk bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Wiseguys is the bar above Goodfellas in Mainstrasse. They also pride themself in bourbon selection/knowledge

Love Wiseguys! I only need 95 more unique bourbons to get my name on the plaque. :-) All 5 bourbons I have never tried before. One of them was an Orphan Barrel named Rhetoric. They also had Orphan Barrels Old Blowhard & Barterhouse. More than 200 borbons in stock, but they are not cheap. Already $125ish spent. Very good stuff.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Xaveriana; 01-06-2015 at 05:51 PM.
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    If you are ever in Portland, the Multnomah Whiskey Library is a must. Pricey, but bourbon heaven. I discovered Old Blowhard there.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveriana View Post

Love Wiseguys! I only need 95 more unique bourbons to get my name on the plaque. :-) All 5 bourbons I have never tried before. One of them was an Orphan Barrel named Rhetoric. They also had Orphan Barrels Old Blowhard & Barterhouse. More than 200 borbons in stock, but they are not cheap. Already $125ish spent. Very good stuff.
    Am I doing bad math, or are you spending $25 per pour? I'm hoping you've had more than one each of the 5 that you have tried.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Got a surprise gift of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel. Looking forward to cracking into this one. I've been doing more acquiring than tasting lately.
    -Matt McCormick

Am I doing bad math, or are you spending $25 per pour? I'm hoping you've had more than one each of the 5 that you have tried.
    Your math is accurate. Some were $40+ and some were less.
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

Yowsa. I still consider a $40 bottle to be in the upper end of my range, and felt somewhat ridiculous at my recent acquisitions above that line. I'd have to spend a lot more time seriously tasting before $40 a pour seemed like the next step. That is some dedication.

Are you on DEP's mailing list? For various reasons unrelated to my own consumption, I'm a 'gold' member over there and get invited to purchase from some of their limited allocations. Many of these are above my price range, but I'd be happy to share the opportunity if you're not already getting invited to that.

Recent offerings for example included the Willet XCF 750ml for $139.98 and Lost Prophet Orphan Barrel for $124.99. Shoot me a PM if you want me to give you a heads up on future offers.
    -Matt McCormick

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Yowsa. I still consider a $40 bottle to be in the upper end of my range, and felt somewhat ridiculous at my recent acquisitions above that line. I'd have to spend a lot more time seriously tasting before $40 a pour seemed like the next step. That is some dedication.

Are you on DEP's mailing list? For various reasons unrelated to my own consumption, I'm a 'gold' member over there and get invited to purchase from some of their limited allocations. Many of these are above my price range, but I'd be happy to share the opportunity if you're not already getting invited to that.

Recent offerings for example included the Willet XCF 750ml for $139.98 and Lost Prophet Orphan Barrel for $124.99. Shoot me a PM if you want me to give you a heads up on future offers.
    If by "bottle" you mean a "handle", then you haven't shopped for bourbon lately. The bourbon craze, in spite of the proliferation of new distilleries, has seriously ramped up bourbon prices. But I am in agreement that $40/glass is too much.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    If by "bottle" you mean a "handle", then you haven't shopped for bourbon lately. The bourbon craze, in spite of the proliferation of new distilleries, has seriously ramped up bourbon prices. But I am in agreement that $40/glass is too much.
    No, I mean 750ml. The only thing I buy in 1.75L is Beam for the bar stock and heavily mixed drinks. Most of what I'm picking up isn't even offered in handles.
    -Matt McCormick