Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Junior
    Thought I'd bring this up as I am having a glass to celebrate after watching the boys take down Butler. Knob Creek has an item called On the Rocks. It is Knob Creek, simple syrup, and bitters in a 375ml bottle. Roughly 6 drinks. Meijer currently has it for $9.99. I'm a fan of old fashioned, especially when all you do is open the bottle and pour over ice.

Picked up a bottle. Don't know how good it'll be, but it was made in a great place !

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I've done my part to help sales in this vital industry:

[O]verall U.S. sales were up 4.1% at Brown-Forman for the four quarters ending this Jan. 31, despite its divestment last summer of several lower-end whiskey brands. For the U.S. liquor industry as a whole, supplier revenues were up 7.7% in 2020, according to the Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S., the biggest percentage increase in 18 years and the biggest dollar increase on record. The pandemic apparently drove a lot of people to drink the hard stuff.

Freshman
    I'm trying some New Rift Rye tonight. I believe it is distilled in Newport, KY. I have heard good things about it.

Recently sampled some of this year’s Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. It came out of the barrel at 157 proof. Wasn’t as “hot” as that proof sounds. While I’m not as talented as some in discerning flavor notes, I did notice fruit on the nose. It’s being cut to 104 proof that will keep the fruit notes but include some great bakery notes that will yield an creme brulee flavor profile. That’s one of my favorite profiles, so I’m hoping to get my hands on a bottle or three. YUM.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    Recently sampled some of this year’s Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. It came out of the barrel at 157 proof. Wasn’t as “hot” as that proof sounds. While I’m not as talented as some in discerning flavor notes, I did notice fruit on the nose. It’s being cut to 104 proof that will keep the fruit notes but include some great bakery notes that will yield an creme brulee flavor profile. That’s one of my favorite profiles, so I’m hoping to get my hands on a bottle or three. YUM.
    OFBB is the one that keeps getting away for me. I've been chasing a bottle (not paying secondary prices) for years and can't seem to get my hands on one. I had a pour at a friend's house a while back and it was absolutely delicious..
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

2023 Sweet 16

If you love bourbon, pick up the latest edition of Garden & Gun.
    Most of issue devoted to it.
    Interesting trip they took through a lot of places in KY...started in Newport at distillery (?) at the Party Source.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If you love bourbon, pick up the latest edition of Garden & Gun.
    Most of issue devoted to it.
    Interesting trip they took through a lot of places in KY...started in Newport at distillery (?) at the Party Source.
    New Riff
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens