Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

The Bourbon Thread

As a native Kentuckian I feel that The Premier Whiskey needed its own home.

Let's face it, the other "whiskeys" are just moonshine puked out of USED bourbon casks.

That said, what is everyone's favorite bourbon? I was a Woodford gent but the special lady took me on the bourbon trail for my birthday and I discovered Four Roses and have yet to put it down. However, I still love a good Blanton's with minimal ice cubes when I venture out of the house.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Been an Old Fitzgerald guy for many yrs.

You aren't exactly suffering with Woodford and Blanton's.

I have Knob Creek on the bar presently.

So a little more detail on Four Roses and perhaps it's off to ABC Liquors with me.
    X A V I E R

I typically only drink Jim Beam, but I recently purchased WILLET BOURBON WHISKEY.
    This is awesome and comes in a bad-ass bottle!

Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

I've gone thru periods where each of the popular standards was my fave.. Jack for a little while, longtime Beam drinker, Makers for a little while, longtime Turkey drinker. But now I think I've come full circle and Jack has a taste I couldn't really appreciate when I was younger. Great stuff. But I don't drink (much) anymore. And don't get me started on Tequila.

I am a pretty faithful drinker of 1792, somestimes i stray to woodford
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

My brother and I usually go in and buy our dad a nice bottle of bourbon or whiskey for Christmas every year. We bought him Woodford's Master's collection last year and while I lack a strong pallet, the difference between the original WR and the Masters is quite noticeable and fantastic. It is a wonderful bourbon if you have something to celebrate or for nice occasions.

If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I had a Woodford Manhattan last night and it was glorious. It is far and away my Whiskey of choice these days. That being said, I usually buy a bottle of Booker's around New Year's and for my pallet it's the best around...just very expensive.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    I had a Woodford Manhattan last night and it was glorious. It is far and away my Whiskey of choice these days. That being said, I usually buy a bottle of Booker's around New Year's and for my pallet it's the best around...just very expensive.
    Bookers is what we bought my father the year before. That stuff can knock you on your ass quickly but damn it all if it isn't just fantastic. For as strong as it is, I find it incredibly smooth.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I have become a fan of Buffalo Trace but have taken a shine to 4 Roses Small Batch.