Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    On ESPN, he lists us as well as 4 other schools, including the teams of our 2 former coaches. He must really like the system?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...8/chris-thomas

Got a chance to see and talk to Chris and his father tonite at the Nike EYBL Qualifier in Fishers, IN. This kid is going to be a good one. Every facet of his game is positive except for what I'll list below.

-He has an inconsistent shooting stroke; so if he misses it, it isn't because he misjudged the length: its because his form changed slightly from shot to shot
    -He doesn't move nearly as well as you would assume laterally on defense, also, his major "knock" was reconfirmed tonite as he did not exert much energy on the defensive end; not necessarily to his fault, he was almost "cherry picking" just so he could get the highlight dunk (the game was never in question, either, so it isn't like he really needed to try hard on D).
    -He needs the ball in his hands. Not to say he is ineffective moving without the ball, he just gravitated toward it so it was difficult to see an off-ball skill set (no real screens were set for him either).

Other notes:

He got a delay of game violation of which he argued with the ref a little (just a few sentences back at the ref about the call, nothing major) and asked for calls whenever he got knocked down...Don't get me wrong, it wasn't whiny. The kid has a TON of charisma, and after the game he talked to the refs and all of them (He and the refs) were laughing and shaking hands. I got to talk to him and his dad (His dad was taller than me--I'm 6'7"-6'8" in shoes). It really made me think that this kid has an astoundingly high ceiling. And his father is really involved, but doesn't "Coach" from the sideline, as you would expect some "superstars" parents to be. Kids got a bright future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1asayNDMMs

He says Arizona has the lead in his recruitment, but the only other school he mentions is Xavier. He could end up being a huge get.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1asayNDMMs

He says Arizona has the lead in his recruitment, but the only other school he mentions is Xavier. He could end up being a huge get.
    Would be nice, but not likely, to swipe him out of Arizona's clutches. I would LOL

INDIANAPOLIS – It’s not often a five-star recruit is scared of going against someone – and then admits it.

In Chris Thomas’ case, though, the big-time scorer from Colorado wanted no part of Kaleb Tarczewski and the rest of the New England Playaz big men.

“They were too big,” Thomas said. “I played against the big guy (Tarczewski) in Adidas Nations, and he had some mean blocks. Every time I went up, I thought I was going to get blocked or get hurt.”

Thomas, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard who will attend La Jolla Prep (Calif.) next year, is still one of the most unstoppable scorers in the country. He is long and athletic, and his first step and explosiveness are on another level. Thomas has deep range on his jumper, and is a very good passer when he gets others involved.

At the Adidas Invitational, Thomas was fairly inconsistent, scoring 35 in one game and then disappearing for stretches.

“I’ve been off and on,” Thomas said. “One game I play good, next one is bad.”

Thomas is not far along in the recruiting process, but he listed Kentucky, Memphis, Colorado, Arizona, Tennessee, Xavier and Texas.

Three schools are standing out for the No. 7 prospect in 2013: Kentucky, Arizona and Xavier.

“For Arizona, they have good people there, good coaches,” Thomas said. “Xavier, I like the talent they have.
    And Kentucky, I like [John] Calipari and their style of play.”

Thomas said he plans on making a decision at the end of his junior year in high school.

“I want to go to a place where I can have fun,” he said. “I want to get my degree and go to the NBA.”

http://eye-on-college-basketball-rec...84776/30520389

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    “I want to go to a place where I can have fun,” he said. “I want to get my degree and go to the NBA.”
    2 for 3 isn't bad for us.

I can't wait to see this board explode if he chooses Arizona.

xu95

Sophomore
    Not sure if getting his degree before going to the NBA is the Calipari system. Maybe we have a shot at this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I can't wait to see this board explode if he chooses Arizona.

xu95
    Yeah, I'm super excited about the prospect of losing out on a five-star guard as well. Can't wait!