Thread: 2009 Recruits

2009 Recruits

How were Xavier's freshman ranked as high-school players. I heard Frease was talking to Kentucky. If so, that can't be good. Is Xavier's 08' class in the top 25.

For the incoming Freshman:

Dante Jackson was a four-star recruit according to rivals.
    Charles Bronson was listed as a three-star recruit.

For the Class of 2008:

Kenny Frease: Four Stars
    Mark (Cheeks) Lyons: Three Stars
    Brad Redford: Three Stars
    Brian Walsh : Three Stars

I'm not sure if Xavier's class was Top 25 or not.

As to the Frease rumor, I have not heard it. If memory serves he looked at Kentucky, after the coaching change, and still decided on Xavier. I'm not sure what would have changed to give them a second look. When you recruit the echelon of players that Xavier is starting to attract, rumors will fly (whether about Frease, Redford, or anyone else). There's no information that suggests these guys will do anything other than attend Xavier as they've already said.

Frease was definitely recruited by UK. I don't think there was much interest in Kenny once Gillespi arrived in Lexington. Probably nothing to the rumor.

Anymore specifics Xis4real? Was Frease seen in Lexington or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesInferno View Post
    Frease was definitely recruited by UK. I don't think there was much interest in Kenny once Gillespi arrived in Lexington. Probably nothing to the rumor.

Anymore specifics Xis4real? Was Frease seen in Lexington or something.
    I live in Richmond just outside of Lexington and believe it or not X is beginning to cause U.K. a little grief in recruiting. Tubby was scrutinized for letting Justin Doellman get out of the state. I read somewhere (maybe scout.com?) that Frease was considering U.K. again. The page was only a day old. I catch a lot here in Big Blue country but I grew up in Cincy and have followed Xavier a few years before Tyrone Hill n Derick Strong sent Georgetown home. What I have wondered for a while now is why U.C. is still a bigger deal than X. Xavier has a better winning pct., been farther in tourney lately, and has an awesome facility.

Hmm... i'll have to take a gander over at Scout. The recruit i've heard the most rumors about is Redford and Izzo. But nothing occurred.

Glad you've taken a look around the site. Any participation or suggestions you have are appreciated.