Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valentine's Day Looming

For those of you with significant others, you have three days (two really) to get off your butt and buy a gift.

My wife wants to be able to play her iPod through the stereo of our Trailblazer. It doesn't have an AUX jack so I can't just get a monster cable and plug it in.

I know there are car adapters out there. The one that seems to get the highest reviews is the Harmen Drive and Play.

Anyone have an iPod (or mp3) adapter for your car and would care to share your opinion?
    It's winning time.

I have a Kensignton FM transmitter thingy that is iPod specific, meaning it charges the iPod as well. It works fine. Not awesome, just fine. My music listening in the car isn't all that intense.

Do not leave it plugged in when you leave your car anywhere. These things are practically billboards for "Please steal my iPod."

Some kid in the East End got my first one for Christmas.

I have personally had bad luck with the transmitters. I have heard that they work well in some cars, but poorly in others. If she has a tape deck, you could try one of those tape adapter thingys that plugs the Ipod into the tape deck.

have fun buying v-day gifts you guys. I am newly un engaged and think I will be having anti valentines day festivities

:(

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    have fun buying v-day gifts you guys. I am newly un engaged and think I will be having anti valentines day festivities
    Very sorry to hear that. Don't do anything you may regret later - there are many more Valentine's Days ahead.
    It's winning time.

I have also had very bad luck with transmitters. If you are interested in high quality sound, the FM transmitter is not the way to go. If you are interested in the best sound quality then the good old fasioned tape adapter is the way to go. Perfect sound. It's not as pretty as an FM tuner, but it definitely sounds the best. My car is an 04' and has a tape deck/cd player combo. Some of the newer models don't have a tape deck anymore....so you might not have a choice. I've heard that itrip is a decent option
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

The iTrip has been terrible in my experiences... my sister and I both got them one year for Christmas, I think. They have both been relegated to the dumpster. My sister has some success with her Monster FM transmitter. I've reverted to the tape-deck adapter. That's the best way to go unless you are going to install some serious hardward into the car.

Crutchfield has a lot of options:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...dmenu3*spg_770

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    Very sorry to hear that. Don't do anything you may regret later - there are many more Valentine's Days ahead.
    We were at differant points in our lifes where if we stayed together it would have ended in both of us getting hurt, so this was a good mutual as pain free as it can be break up. I have all the money for the reception still, so i bougth a new Les Paul! For those of you who have loved ones, have fun and treat them right, I am not against love, just frusterated. Good luck everyone

Thanks

Thanks for your insight. For sound quality, I am going to consider the Metra iPod adapter for GM vehicles. It requires some installation, but once that is complete, I understand the sound quality is great. If only I knew anything about installing things like this...

I also hope it doesn't require the removal/replacement of the OEM radio or in-dash changer. I'd have to find an alternate gift.
    It's winning time.