Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Xavier is having the greatest run in its programs history. UC is in one of the deepest valley's. When both programs are strong it isnt even close.
    I don't like your username!

Ha. Sorry....

Life is full of additional chances though, UC could go out and find a quality basketball coach. They can start with much smaller aspirations.. I'm told they have an exhibition game tonight, they have another chance to show us they are still relevant with the local fan base.

BTW - In exhibition 2 we raised the bar to 10,015.
    - David Bowers ('95)

With what? The attendance tonight? UC will not have a 4000 tonight.

UC will win their exhibition game though. Does that make us relevant or does having 9000 fans come and boo your team?

EDIT

(There was none*) ha
    Last edited by Power; 11-09-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Sophomore
    Your right. If UC decides to let Mick go the next hire is ciritically important. I dont think that will be an issue though.

When both programs are strong I don't believe they are about even.
    They were indeed about even in the 20 years both programs were strong. While UC may have had more preseason accolades their poor showings in March precluded them from being anything other than slightly more successful than XU.

You don't think it will be a problem replacing Cronin? Why not? It is not like coaches were beating down the door when they hired Cronin and the program is worse off now than before.
    Last edited by _LH; 11-09-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Xavier is having the greatest run in its programs history. UC is in one of the deepest valley's. When both programs are strong it isnt even close.
    I would be curious to hear your fact-based explanation for this, outside of a few deep runs 15 years ago they have been pretty even for the last 10-15 years.

I also think that UC has a loooonnnnnnggggg way to climb to even be near the top. They have no leadership, recruiting has sucked, and the kids don't respect the coach. I don't think you are being fair to how bad UC is. They are going to need another 2-3 years post firing Cronin to have a chance at relevance again. Nobody thinks he is the guy. I don't think I have talked to a UC fan in the last 2 years who thinks that Cronin is a good coach. He simply is not.

Meanwhile, Xavier continues to bring in excellent recruiting classes, so it doesn't look like we are falling off any time soon.
    Eat Donuts!

Im sorry, I meant that I don't believe UC will let Mick go after this year.

A Big East school with a strong history will definately be appealing to coaches. In UC's worst years they have still been able to recruit 4 and 5 stars.

Sophomore
    Im sorry, I meant that I don't believe UC will let Mick go after this year.

A Big East school with a strong history will definately be appealing to coaches. In UC's worst years they have still been able to recruit 4 and 5 stars.
    Mick will be canned if they don't make the NCAA's. The longer they wait the worse off they will be.

Being in the BE is overrated. DePaul, South Florida, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's are all BE schools that struggle to find good coaching. UC's tradition is lost now. They have been irrelevant for far too long. Few care about a 17 year old Final Four and even less care about National Title from 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by _LH View Post
    Mick will be canned if they don't make the NCAA's. The longer they wait the worse off they will be.

Being in the BE is overrated. DePaul, South Florida, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's are all BE schools that struggle to find good coaching. UC's tradition is lost now. They have been irrelevant for far too long. Few care about a 17 year old Final Four and even less care about National Title from 50 years ago.
    I would leave St. John's out of that now. Steve Lavin is cleaning up in the recruiting world right now but overall yes they have struggled.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I would leave St. John's out of that now. Steve Lavin is cleaning up in the recruiting world right now but overall yes they have struggled.
    While Lavin might finally be the answer, let's see what they do on the court before making a final judgement. Like Power said, UC has killed in recruiting too but all the matters is production on the court. I don't know if they players UC got were overrated or if Cronin is that bad of a coach but either way it is another black eye on the program.