Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scholarships

With respect to the possible oversigning, I wonder if this is Lyons' last year. He had a prep year and then a redshirt as a partial. He might be ready to take his degree and head off to Europe to make some $$$. Just wondering outloud.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    With respect to the possible oversigning, I wonder if this is Lyons' last year. He had a prep year and then a redshirt as a partial. He might be ready to take his degree and head off to Europe to make some $$$. Just wondering outloud.
    If Lyons has made a significant improvement in this off-season, particularly in his shooting, I could see him heading to the NBA instead of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    If Lyons has made a significant improvement in this off-season, particularly in his shooting, I could see him heading to the NBA instead of Europe.
    As a 6 foot combo guard? C'mon let's get real here. Tu might not get drafted as a 6 foot point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    Why would Lyons give up on his senior year and his dream(the NBA) to play in europe? He can always fall back on Europe
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Why would Lyons give up on his senior year and his dream(the NBA) to play in europe? He can always fall back on Europe
    Not saying I have heard anything, but not all ball players like school. Lyons will have his degree, like D. Brown, and might want to maximize his basketball money making ability.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    As a 6 foot combo guard? C'mon let's get real here. Tu might not get drafted as a 6 foot point guard.
    Tu is actually more like 5'10 or 5'11, while Lyons really is probably 6'1. Lyons is also very athletic and quick, whereas Tu is not.

I guess there's always the possibility someone could be asked to give up their scholly for a year to sign DSR/Semaj. Didn't this happen with JC? No one seems to worried about it cuz the recruting machine moves forward.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Tu is actually more like 5'10 or 5'11, while Lyons really is probably 6'1. Lyons is also very athletic and quick, whereas Tu is not.
    Again, how many 6'1'' combo guards do you see in the NBA? Not many. And that athleticism he has over everyone in college ball? Everyone in the NBA has it.

I love Cheekz and he is a good player for this team but I don't see him playing in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Again, how many 6'1'' combo guards do you see in the NBA? Not many. And that athleticism he has over everyone in college ball? Everyone in the NBA has it.

I love Cheekz and he is a good player for this team but I don't see him playing in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.
    I imagine he'd play more of just the point in the NBA, just like Tu. This season he'll have to showcase that ability.

Welcome Semaj. We are 1 over now.
    Live Action