Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scholarships

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu15 View Post
    Because of Reynolds, or something else?
    By my count there are 12 schollies for this coming year, so 1 open right now.

For next year we have Frease, Holloway, Walker, Taylor, Reynolds, Lyons, Robinson, McKenzie, Martin, Davis, Wells, and Philmore.

Maybe get Sim on campus a year early and let him redshirt?

Redford instead of Reynolds
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by dto View Post
    According to Rivals "Scholarship Situation" chart, we will not have any more, as they haven't updated that part of their site to reflect Myles' commitment

http://xavier.rivals.com/content.asp...39&CID=1208534
    So Sim moves to '11 to take Reynolds spot or does he redshirt?

Sophomore
    From what I understand, Sim is eligible to enter XU this year, but could stay another year at prep school. I personally think that him staying another year at prep school would be the best scenario for both him and Xavier. That way, he will be another year older and more mature, both physically and mentally, therefore, in a better position to contribute. He would then have a red shirt year in his hip pocket in case of injury or whatever. If he signs his letter of intent this fall, he is as good as here without using this year of his scholarship.

On the DSR front, I too, think the ship sailed long ago, and the longer his recruitment continues, the smaller get the chances for him to choose Xavier. Christon is another story, but we are talking the difference between a 5 star ranked #1 point guard by Rivals, versus a 3 star unranked by Rivals. Even though Christon might turn into a very good player, that is quite a disparity.

Has the season started yet? :p

GO MUSKIES!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." Goethe

I don't understand why people keep saying the DSR ship sailed. He said he would most likely decide in August. Has August passed yet? Or do you have some insider info indicating otherwise? If not, everything I've heard indicates that Xavier is still in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Benxman View Post
    From what I understand, Sim is eligible to enter XU this year, but could stay another year at prep school. I personally think that him staying another year at prep school would be the best scenario for both him and Xavier. That way, he will be another year older and more mature, both physically and mentally, therefore, in a better position to contribute. He would then have a red shirt year in his hip pocket in case of injury or whatever. If he signs his letter of intent this fall, he is as good as here without using this year of his scholarship.

On the DSR front, I too, think the ship sailed long ago, and the longer his recruitment continues, the smaller get the chances for him to choose Xavier. Christon is another story, but we are talking the difference between a 5 star ranked #1 point guard by Rivals, versus a 3 star unranked by Rivals. Even though Christon might turn into a very good player, that is quite a disparity.

Has the season started yet? :p

GO MUSKIES!

I get this, but if Sim comes in '11, we have his spot in '12 for a DSR/Christon. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I get this, but if Sim comes in '11, we have his spot in '12 for a DSR/Christon. Correct?
    No. Sim effectively switches scholarships with Jalen Reynolds

Class by Final Year (pending Sim/Reynolds switch)

2012 (Seniors):
    Holloway
    Frease
    Walker

2013 (Juniors):
    Lyons
    Redford
    Taylor
    Robinson

2014 (Sophs):
    McKenzie
    Philmore

2015 (Freshmen):
    Martin
    Wells
    Davis
    Bhullar

2016 (Rising Seniors):
    Jalen Reynolds (Tu scholarship)
    Myles Davis (Lyons scholarship)
    James Farr (Walker scholarship)

ZERO scholarships remaining...DSR/Criston would be an oversign.

Appreciate lining this up so clearly, Six.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Benxman View Post
    On the DSR front, I too, think the ship sailed long ago, and the longer his recruitment continues, the smaller get the chances for him to choose Xavier.
    We might not get a commitment from DSR, but Xavier is still VERY MUCH right in the mix for DSR. The ship is is still in the harbor. He said he is going to/wants to decide before school starts.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    We might not get a commitment from DSR, but Xavier is still VERY MUCH right in the mix for DSR. The ship is is still in the harbor. He said he is going to/wants to decide before school starts.
    Thank you for reiterating it. People are getting rather impatient over a year before he would enroll in school.