Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scholarships

Quote Originally Posted by TUXU2011 View Post
    I think there is a chance they could get Elijah Macon too. He is from Ohio (Top 100 recruit) and on espn it says he is only considering XU and WVU.
    Pretty sure we've cooled off a ton on Macon, haven't even heard his name mentioned in a few months. Pretty sure he had grade and possibly even character issues. I'm not sure we are really in that much on Bennett either, but we would definitely oversign for either DSR or Semaj

What occurs when you "over sign" by one recruit?

For example, if DSR was signed for 2012 (giving us 14 scholarship players) would we have to immediately take one from a player to bring the number down to 13?

Or, can the school wait until the beginning of the 2012 season, or some other time before that, to decide what to do?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    What occurs when you "over sign" by one recruit?

For example, if DSR was signed for 2012 (giving us 14 scholarship players) would we have to immediately take one from a player to bring the number down to 13?

Or, can the school wait until the beginning of the 2012 season, or some other time before that, to decide what to do?
    Before the start of the next school year, a scholarship would have to be open due to a player transferring, leaving early, or just becoming a privileged walk-on.

Talking

The charts do not include a scholarship to Walker, the Vanderbilt transfer, and he has only one year of eligibility. I still think the DSR ship sailed quite a while back, at least in the mind and plans of Chris and staff.:D

Banned
    Anyone think that maybe Redford doesn't come back for a 5th year (for any number of reasons) thus freeing up a scholarship?

I was wondering if Lyons would possibly think about leaving after next year. He probably (hopefully) would have his degree by then and could possibly do what Andre Walker just dis with the grad school transfer rule. I pray that he stays though. That was just a thought/fear that popped into my head a few days ago.

p.s. Can we change the thread name to Scholarships? I tried searching for this thread a few days ago and couldn't find it due to the name.

Didn't the Sheriff give up his scholly for a yr. so JC could play? This.

Well, we currently are not up against the scholorship wall anymore, so bringing in one more kid will not be oversigning.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Anyone think that maybe Redford doesn't come back for a 5th year (for any number of reasons) thus freeing up a scholarship?
    Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    I was wondering if Lyons would possibly think about leaving after next year. He probably (hopefully) would have his degree by then and could possibly do what Andre Walker just dis with the grad school transfer rule. I pray that he stays though. That was just a thought/fear that popped into my head a few days ago.

p.s. Can we change the thread name to Scholarships? I tried searching for this thread a few days ago and couldn't find it due to the name.
    Don't see any of these scenarios happening...
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Well, we currently are not up against the scholorship wall anymore, so bringing in one more kid will not be oversigning.

xu95
    Because of Reynolds, or something else?