Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JaQuan Lyle

He's definitely not a point guard. He's a legit 6'4 and very long. He handles the ball pretty well but not to a PG level. He will post up smaller players and he will take bigger defenders outside. Lyle passes the ball well and has excellent court vision for a freshmen. Defensively, he is good on the ball with his quickness and length. Off the ball...he plays like a freshmen. He doesn't understand positioning and help side yet.

He plays on a very balanced, unselfish team so his numbers will not be that big this year. He has huge upside though with his ability to do multiple things well on the court plus his height and length.

If he is a freshman then there is plenty of time for him to improve his handles. Great court vision and passing would make him a candidate to play point if he can improve the dribble. These comments are based on what Shock wrote as I've never seen the kid play.

He doesn't have the quickness to play point let alone guard a point guard at the college level. He will likely grow though and be able to handle the ball well for a perimeter player.

2014-- Jaquan Lyle

Class of 2014 SF from Evansville, IN. He tweeted this earlier today:

@jlyle11 Indiana, Xavier, Purdue, & Illinois are my schools choices in order

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...an-Lyle-119840

Article posted yesterday about Lyle...the same schools mentioned plus a lot more...
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...to-recruitment
    He had 27 texts when he woke up the morning of the first day unlimited texting by college coaches was allowed.

Potentially worrisome things in the article:
    1 - At his last camp, he roomed with 2 U of L commits who are pushing Louisville on him.
    2 - He said Texas has always been his "dream school".
    3 - Calipari/UK staff are getting involved.

But I guess anything can happen in the world of recruiting...

May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

Just a guess, but I'm saying he winds up at IU or OSU.

Sophomore
    If he wants to play point prolly not going to be IU they've got Yogi Ferrel for the next 3 years.

I wonder what is going on there, it's like they win the Title and all of a sudden their checks aren't cashing. UK and KU's checks are still cashing.

According to this article, Kansas is a strong possibility. I dislike this combo/package recruiting thing. From the school standpoint, it looks fishy and from the athletes standpoint, it seems they lack character.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...lege-together/
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.