XU recruiting a criminal????

Per Goodman/FoxSports........

Parker also said that Kentucky, West Virginia, Georgetown, Auburn, Xavier, Cincinnati – among others – have reached out to both him and Woods’ mother in an attempt to recruit the junior.

***However, he was arrested in September and was charged with kicking and pushing the mother of his infant son – causing a fracture of her spine. He was suspended indefinitely and pleaded to the misdemeanor charge – which carried a suspended 60-day sentence and community service.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...press_interest

Per Parrish/CBSSports.......

Looking to enroll a criminal?

Woods is available

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports....71764/25185857

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

I'm sure there's a Kelsey connection here, but just like Wake, X is above this. Nothing against this kid, but I really hope this isn't true. There's not a whole lot to think about for me on this one. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit to even read Xavier's name mentioned in that article.
    Last edited by Woodburn; 10-15-2010 at 06:52 AM.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Sophomore
    If there were not countless other colleges willing to give 2nd chances (which I believe in) I would have no problem with this. However, let the kid take one of the other options.

The assault on a woman is tough to swallow. Lenny dealt drugs as a kid (not character issue), Crawford stole a cell phone (minor), Finn stole his own dog (no one hurt), several have had weed run ins (non-issue). The point is we don't have a history with players hitting moral bankruptcy. As long as there are other schools that will give these young men a second chance every now and then Xavier doesn't need to dabble IMO. Especially when their not one of your own to start with.

Sophomore
    We have a lot of better options, Tony Woods will not be a Muskie.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I'm going to have to give a 'self righteous alert' to everyone who has thus far posted on this thread. I'm sorry, it just has to be done.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 10-15-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Cmon guys, he only fractured her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Cmon guys, he only fractured her back.

Indeed, I know of several people who have experienced worst injuries.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 10-15-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    I'm going to have to give a 'self righteous alert' to everyone who has thus far posted on this thread. I'm sorry, it just has to be done.
    Guy, why don't you tell us why it's self-righteous to want nothing to do with a person who fractured a woman's spine by kicking and punching her? I think pretty much everyone with a higher moral compass than Lance Stephenson can agree that's unacceptable.

Per Rick Broering - X not interested in Tony Woods, but UC is. http://twitter.com/#!/musketeerscoop Like I said on the rivals forum - the universe is now back in alignment.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    We have a lot of better options, Tony Woods will not be a Muskie.
    agreed. no further comment needed:D