Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
    Saw him at Flying to the Hoop today. He's friggin massive. 7'4" is other-worldly in person, and he's built. Reminds you of the huge bad turned good guy in the movie version of Get Smart.

That said, he's not a good player. He blocked shots and got some points because he's a foot taller than the tallest opponent, but he can't move. He will get destroyed at the college level. Put guys 6'8" and above that can get him moving and he will get abused. Kenny George he is not.

I haven't seen him play other than the highlight videos so I can't really disagree with you. Do you think under the right conditioning and strength program that he could become a lot more mobile and effective? Is there some potential?

I've heard Huggins is all over him

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    I haven't seen him play other than the highlight videos so I can't really disagree with you. Do you think under the right conditioning and strength program that he could become a lot more mobile and effective? Is there some potential?

I've heard Huggins is all over him
    I don't know. To be that big at such a young age doesn't portend good things. That's not baby fat or awkward puberty stuff. I think he's just genetically a very large person.

He will play somewhere. He won't be good, but he will get a scholarship, play some hoops as a limited role player, block some shots, make a few buckets, be a fan favorite and get a degree. Anything above that as far as basketball goes would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
    I don't know. To be that big at such a young age doesn't portend good things. That's not baby fat or awkward puberty stuff. I think he's just genetically a very large person.

He will play somewhere. He won't be good, but he will get a scholarship, play some hoops as a limited role player, block some shots, make a few buckets, be a fan favorite and get a degree. Anything above that as far as basketball goes would surprise me.
    Just read some write ups

"13-point, 15-rebound, 8-block performance"
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sport...64/No-Headline

"At 7-4, 355 pounds, Sim Bhullar of Huntington (W.Va.) Prep is the tallest and largest player at Flyin’.
    Bhullar wasn’t mobile, couldn’t jump and had no shooting touch, but none of that mattered.
    “He’s seven-four with an 8-foot wingspan,” said Withrow’s Aaron Thomas, “there’s no need to jump.”
    Bhullar is an India native who resides in Canada. He had 15 points, 18 rebounds and eight blocks and drew plenty of ooos and ahhs from an appreciative crowd during a 71-52 defeat of Withrow (8-2).
    Most Big East teams are after him with West Virginia considered the favorite.
    “That’s like going against a couple of station wagons,” said Thomas."
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...r-1055969.html

7'5 Sim Bhullar '12 of Huntington Prep (WV) on his Xavier visit: "It was crazy. I felt like it could be a possible home for me."

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/s...68426554892288

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Sim was in attendance tonight
    I saw that kid sitting down there on the floor during the UD game and wondered who he was. A mountain of a kid to be sure.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

No way he could come to Xavier. I mean, have you seen the desks in Alter Hall? He would crush them!

In all seriousness though if Mack and Co. offered that enough for me.

Unfortunately, his vertical leap is 2.5" and he runs the floor in 20 secs.

Huntington Prep played against last night against SVSM. Same story. Got points, boards and blocks because he's 18 inches taller than everyone else. His teammates just wait for the spot, throw the ball up and he catches it with ease or gets fouled. When he starts going against 6'8"-6'11" guys on the game by game basis, he will be exposed, IMO. Just can't see him being more than a role player at best.

Junior
    I dont know how big he is into his Indian heritage. But we have a fine South-Asian Society on campus. We should invite him to the Midwest Marsala...how would that work legally with the NCAA? We'll make it an unofficial...