Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest Rivals class rankings 2011

UK on top yet again. XU at 17, and a certain someone we know (knew) comes in a few spots ahead of us.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1126129

Quote Originally Posted by XUdenver View Post
    UK on top yet again. XU at 17, and a certain someone we know (knew) comes in a few spots ahead of us.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1126129
    17 isn't too bad when Dee is ranked too low since he didn't play AAU and Jalen isn't ranked at all since he is mor eof a late comer. I'll take this class!

I think that when all is said and done and all the talking heads have benefit of hindsight, the 2011 Xavier recruiting class will end up easily in the top ten recruiting classes from that year- if not top five.

One more thing, I can't wait to watch the collapse of the UK program after Calipari ditches them just in time to escape yet more NCAA sanctions. That guy is no good for college ball.

I agree with powerofx on Dee and Jalen. I'd also add that Wells is probably better than the 65 ranking he holds on Rivals based on what he did during the summer camps. If you add in the transfer, Taylor, this class is even better.

It is interesting to see classes of 1 person get bumped back behind classes of 3 and 4 even if the one is dramatically better than everyone in the bigger class. If it is because the school is still looking to fill open spots I agree but if they only have one opening then I'd bump them up.

This season should be good for X but next year could be special if no one leaves early. Taylor should be able to replace McLean, Frease should be very solid to strong by then and Dee will be able to learn from Tu. This years freshman class will be seasoned, as will Robinson. Lyons and Redford should also be more developed and Wells sounds as though he will be able to make an immediate impact. The team should stay strong for years to come after that, especially if we land a couple big names that we appear to be in the running for.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    Jalen isn't ranked at all since he is more of a late comer.
    I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the top 150 or even the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the top 150 or even the top 100.
    Early indications on his recent success are good. I know it's floating around here already, but Jalen made the Slam Magazine Top 75 list. I think he ends up in top 75 by the time he arrives at Xavier.

With that said, though. I don't lose sleep over their rankings. As long as they've signed with us and are willing to buy into the Xavier way, I'm happy as a pig in slop.

You can't tell me Nick Johnson of Arizona is better than Dez Wells. No way no how. One on one I'd be surprised if it is even close...Wells has that much physical presence and ability to get to the lane.

It might be my inner Xavier homer but come on have you SEEN DWells?

There's no way this list can be real. I don't see Dayton or UC on it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    17 isn't too bad when Dee is ranked too low since he didn't play AAU and Jalen isn't ranked at all since he is mor eof a late comer. I'll take this class!
    Reynolds also had to sit out a year because of Michigan transfer rules. He'll move up the rankings after people get to see more of him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There's no way this list can be real. I don't see Dayton or UC on it.
    A good lesson here, though. I flipped through the lists for the past five or six seasons, and I saw more UC and UD than I did XU. And we obviously know how that turned out.