Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Boise St. the "Xavier" of College Football?

They both have really made strides in the past 10 years and are on the verge of knocking on the door to be big time programs. Many will say Xavier is already there.

Certainly, both of these programs mirror each other in just how fast they have come and how they are now in the national conversations for their respective sports.

Feel free to discuss pro or nay.
    Zip'em Up!

Similar, but I think Boise is further along than Xavier towards joining the truly elite.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Similar, but I think Boise is further along than Xavier towards joining the truly elite.
    Blasphemy!
    Zip'em Up!

You may be right, but at least Xavier can win our way to the National Title.

Methinks even if Boise goes undefeated they are still on the outside looking in. Probably playing TCU again in a bowl game.

It's frustrating as a BCS hater.

IMO Xavier needs to get to a Final Four to be in basketball where Boise is in football. When Boise got to the Fiesta Bowl in 2006, it was kind of like George Mason. When they beat Oklahoma, it was kind of like Butler getting to the championship game. But it's four years later, and they're still winning and going to BCS games, and winning them. And they're on national TV on Monday night in the game of the weekend on ESPN. That hasn't happened for Xavier yet. The closest we've been was that Duke game in NJ on CBS.....and that didn't go well.

I don't think Xavier is overrated and a media creation. So to answer the question, I don't see the similarities.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

I'd like the hear the argument for Boise being a media creation. Seems like they'd have been slaughtered tonight if that were the case. I'll hang up and listen.

I'd like the hear the argument for Boise being a media creation. Seems like they'd have been slaughtered tonight if that were the case. I'll hang up and listen.
    They aren't. They have won all the big games they have been in except Georgia a couple of years ago.

It's frustrating that there's a growing belief from the media that a no loss Boise State team should be let into the BCS championship game instead of a 1 loss BCS conference team.

Even most of the awesome USC teams of the past decade lost a game, because the Pac10 is a tough conference (much, much, much tougher than the WAC).
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    It's frustrating that there's a growing belief from the media that a no loss Boise State team should be let into the BCS championship game instead of a 1 loss BCS conference team.

Even most of the awesome USC teams of the past decade lost a game, because the Pac10 is a tough conference (much, much, much tougher than the WAC).
    Are you joking? You're joking, right?
    Eat Donuts!