Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    It's not wrigleyville, but there are plenty of downtown bars. In Between, Head First, O'Mally's, the new piano bar in the old Game Day, Lodge, Rock Bottom, Mynt, Nicholsons, Righteous Room, as well as plenty of restaurants with great bars like Nada, Palamino, Via Vite, McCormick and Schmicks. Fountain Square is practically ringed with restaurants and bars now.

Covington has Behle Street, Molly Malones, Sidebar, Keystone...

Newport has Jefferson Hall, Hoffbrau, Brothers....

How many bars would you like there to be?
    Xeus likes a place downtown called "The ManHole".
    Last edited by Lamont Sanford; 08-30-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

I am torn between Larosas, Trottas and Skyline.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

If you're talking burgers you need to eliminate Zip's from the conversation as Arthur's and DEFINITELY Gordo's (right by Xavier) are far superior. Also in terms of greatest Cincinnati restaurant, Bella Luna should be in the discussion too. Xavier people AND the best dessert in Cincinnati, bread pudding.
    Lavender-Burrell 08'

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiefornia View Post
    If you're talking burgers you need to eliminate Zip's from the conversation as Arthur's and DEFINITELY Gordo's (right by Xavier) are far superior.
    Blasphemy! You NEVER dismiss Zip's from any conversation about burgers. They are among the best and take a back seat to no other in town. Terry's Turfside offers quite a different burger experience, but Zip's remains among the best.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Any thoughts on Quatman Cafe? Never eaten there, but I've heard great things.
    - Bob Sacamano

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I think if you were put off by snobby attitudes, you probably didn't want any of their furniture to begin with. Their offerings are the furniture equivalent of snobby attitude.
    I have never heard of furniture being snobby before. Their stuff is modern which my wife tends to like.

Back on subject, Quatman's is a great burger joint. No frills - just a great burger. Zips is my favorite though. I haven't tried Terry's yet but will soon. Arthur's is overrated.

Speaking of Sunday breakfast/brunches, there is a small place in Bellevue, KY that has great breakfast sautees (not sure I spelled that right) called the Bellevue Bistro. I been there a few times and have always came away satisfied.

My favorite restaurant remains the Precinct. Steak Munoz. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    definitely good to know. For some reason, I've gotten into the habit of going to Mount Adams/Mainstrasse instead of downtown before games.
    There is nothing wrong with either of those places either.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiefornia View Post
    If you're talking burgers you need to eliminate Zip's from the conversation as Arthur's and DEFINITELY Gordo's (right by Xavier) are far superior. Also in terms of greatest Cincinnati restaurant, Bella Luna should be in the discussion too. Xavier people AND the best dessert in Cincinnati, bread pudding.
    It always surprises me that anyone thinks they have a difinitive say over what other people prefer. I agree with you that Arthurs and Gordo's both serve up excellent burgers, but superior? Not sure how you can make that statement. If you like toppings on your burgers, then you will probably prefer Arthurs, Gordos or Terry's to Zips. If you like being treated like a customer instead of cattle, Terry's might not be your place. If you want to catch the Reds game at the bar with some good beer and a good burger that stands on the quality of the meat instead of gourmet toppings, you may prefer Zips.

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
    Any thoughts on Quatman Cafe? Never eaten there, but I've heard great things.
    And if you've never experienced Quatman's, I recommend it highly. Quatmans features HUGE burgers made from good quality fresh beef. You want toppings? Tough. You get onion. Maybe there are pickles, too, but nothing else. The daily special is a sandwich or burger, chips and a drink. That drink can be a Hudy Delight if you so desire. Keep track of what you have, because they don't. When you leave, you tell them what you had. Quatmans is a neighborhood bar/burger joint that has refused to change, and it's worth going for the experience.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Has anyone tried Hugo in Oakley?

Quote Originally Posted by xu2006 View Post
    Has anyone tried Hugo in Oakley?
    I have been once, but it was several years ago. It's a distinctive menu - southern style food. It seems that people that like that type of food really like this place. My recollection is that it's not a cheap night out.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Have to go with the Precinct, even though I can't stand Jeff Ruby. However, if Scalea's was still open (also owned by a Xavier grad) I would have chosen it. Pitrelli's in Mason is also very good.

And Zip's and Quatman's need to be in any conversation about the best burger joints in town.