Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Shockingly, I was never drunk enough to enjoy Cincinnati chili. I did my best, but never made it work. That says something about the chili.
    It also says something about how weak your drinking efforts have been.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by kane79 View Post
    I'd assume they were comparing diet coke vs diet pepsi and reg coke vs reg pepsi. At least thats how i interpreted that.
    Actually, it was to see if we could correctly identify each one, though it was pretty easy to tell the diets from the regulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    There’s a Skyline in Ft. Wright/Park Hills. Ah, HS memories…:)
    The Skyline I frequented in high school was near Kroger in Ft. Mitchell. Stayed open til 3. A friend of mine (who is Xavier alum and is on this board from time to time) was a manager there back in the 80s. He could tell you some interested stories. That Skyline closed and "moved" to Ft. Wright/Park Hills on Dixie Hwy near St. Agnes. There's also a Skyline on North Bend Road in Monfort Heights, again near Kroger.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    It also says something about how weak your drinking efforts have been.
    I beg to differ! If only that were an Olympic event, I’d have a medal!

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    The Skyline I frequented in high school was near Kroger in Ft. Mitchell. Stayed open til 3. A friend of mine (who is Xavier alum and is on this board from time to time) was a manager there back in the 80s. He could tell you some interested stories. That Skyline closed and "moved" to Ft. Wright/Park Hills on Dixie Hwy near St. Agnes. There's also a Skyline on North Bend Road in Monfort Heights, again near Kroger.
    I worked the kitchen there between sports seasons in the late 90's. Really fun place to work but I would've preferred my first day not have been a revenue record..

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    The differences in chili recipes among Cincinnati's finest are subtle, obviously, but the smaller parlors like Camp Washington, Blue Ash Chili, and Dixie chili are noticeably different from the mass produced versions like Gold Star and Skyline. If you have Cincinnati chili in town once in a blue moon it would be tough to tell a difference. You almost need to have them lined up to articulate the differences.
    Challenge accepted.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

When the "best restaurant in Cincinnati" thread sinks to Chili parlor discussions, the end of the world may be near.

I blame Covid.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.