Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Was in Taipei, Taiwan, now back in Cincinnati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    This is good information. My parents are coming into town this weekend and there are a number of places I want to take them.

Hauferhaus (sp?) is obviously an ideal choice, but I am also wanting to take them to Flipdaddy's. Seeing as they'll insist on paying, I don't want to run up a huge bill, especially since the lady is coming up to join us all weekend.

Any other ideas for places to go that won't cost a group of four an arm or a leg?
    Honey, Slims and Melt in Northside are all very good and not very expensive..
    Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TaipeiMuskie View Post
    Honey, Slims and Melt in Northside are all very good and not very expensive..

I have not tried Melt, yet, but I've heard it's very good. Boca used to be where Honey is now in Northside. Slim's is my favorite among those. Just know that they have no liquor license; so, you have to bring your own.

If you are in Clifton and enjoy Indian, Ambar is the best I've ever had. FYI - There are around 15 to 20 parking spots behind the building (on Ludlow). Anand (may be owned by the same family?) on Reading Road is very good, too.

I prefer Amol over Ambar.

Baba India in Oakley is a good substitute for the Clifton Indian restaurants if you live on the east side.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 08-30-2010 at 12:43 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

The Precinct used to feature a Sean Miller steak. No word on whether it tasted like a Buick or a Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by TaipeiMuskie View Post
    Boca is across from Voltage..David Falk is the chef (owns Nada as well)..
    I walked into Voltage one day and the salespeople took one look at me and thought "he isn't going to buy anything" and ignored me. Frickin snobs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    I prefer Amol over Ambar.

Baba India in Oakley is a good substitute for the Clifton Indian restaurants if you live on the east side.
    I like the one in Hyde Park Plaza. Shaan maybe? The owner is super friendly. Baba is okay, but they act like they shit roses at that place and they are doing you a favor letting you in the door.

Boca in Oakley is outstanding. KMC- I would put that next on your list now that you've done Precinct.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I walked into Voltage one day and the salespeople took one look at me and thought "he isn't going to buy anything" and ignored me. Frickin snobs.
    Were you there to buy anything?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    hmmm, I drive through Oakley often and don't remember seeing it.

One thing I've noticed is that when visitors come to Cincy for a game, there's not really many bars close to the stadiums for them to go to. Mainstrasse and Mount Adams are two really great bar districts. But they are a good hike for people drinking before Reds games. Hopefully The Banks will provide some much needed bars close to the stadiums.
    It's not wrigleyville, but there are plenty of downtown bars. In Between, Head First, O'Mally's, the new piano bar in the old Game Day, Lodge, Rock Bottom, Mynt, Nicholsons, Righteous Room, as well as plenty of restaurants with great bars like Nada, Palamino, Via Vite, McCormick and Schmicks. Fountain Square is practically ringed with restaurants and bars now.

Covington has Behle Street, Molly Malones, Sidebar, Keystone...

Newport has Jefferson Hall, Hoffbrau, Brothers....

How many bars would you like there to be?
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Were you there to buy anything?
    Yep. My wife and I just moved into a new (and bigger) house and needed some furniture. We were prepared to buy that day but were completely put off by the staff. We will never go back. Trust me, they lost some business that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    It's not wrigleyville, but there are plenty of downtown bars. In Between, Head First, O'Mally's, the new piano bar in the old Game Day, Lodge, Rock Bottom, Mynt, Nicholsons, Righteous Room, as well as plenty of restaurants with great bars like Nada, Palamino, Via Vite, McCormick and Schmicks. Fountain Square is practically ringed with restaurants and bars now.

Covington has Behle Street, Molly Malones, Sidebar, Keystone...

Newport has Jefferson Hall, Hoffbrau, Brothers....

How many bars would you like there to be?
    Bartini's just opened downtown as well. Also Cadillac Ranch, Black Finn, Righteous Room, Rock Bottom, just to name a few more.

I agree with you that there definitely does not seem to be a shortage of bars downtown. Downtown is actually one of my favorite spots to go out drinking. There is a variety of good bars and restaurants.

Downtown seems to get a bad rap for their being nothing to do down there, however I have been down there a lot on Friday and Saturday nights recently and have found it to be a great time. Plenty of people downtown eating and drinking as well.
    Eat Donuts!