Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    I like Nicola's downtown, and I've heard nice things about Jean Robert's new restaurant at 7th and Race (forget the name).

Quote Originally Posted by Thor in 204 View Post
    I like Nicola's downtown, and I've heard nice things about Jean Robert's new restaurant at 7th and Race (forget the name).

Thor,

Jean Robert's Table......

http://jrtable.com/

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

This is good information. My parents are coming into town this weekend and there are a number of places I want to take them.

Hauferhaus (sp?) is obviously an ideal choice, but I am also wanting to take them to Flipdaddy's. Seeing as they'll insist on paying, I don't want to run up a huge bill, especially since the lady is coming up to join us all weekend.

Any other ideas for places to go that won't cost a group of four an arm or a leg?
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Precinct is my favorite place.

I agree...Jeff Ruby's The Precinct is fantastic...I ate there last night. Get a reservation though, because they will probably be busy on Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Any other ideas for places to go that won't cost a group of four an arm or a leg?
    City View in Mt Adams is a great place to take people from out of town.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    Just got back to my Hotel. I ended up at the Precinct. Great place. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I got the New York Strip, which was outstanding. Also, tried some crab legs, shrimp prawns, and some type of tomato and smoked cheese salad. Everything was excellent. Service and atmosphere great as well.

Only thing that was a little blah was the Key Lime Pie desert.

They have a very good Cab for under $50 for the bottle, which isn't bad for a restaurant that pricey.

Thanks for the recs everyone. I really appreciate it. It will be hard to try out another restaurant next time I'm in town after eating at that place.

Was in Taipei, Taiwan, now back in Cincinnati.
    Boca on Madison in Oakley is by far my favorite..Nicola's and Via Vite are good as well. Jean Robert's Table..good, but typically French...heavy, lots of cream and butter..
    Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TaipeiMuskie View Post
    Boca on Madison in Oakley is by far my favorite..Nicola's and Via Vite are good as well. Jean Robert's Table..good, but typically French...heavy, lots of cream and butter..
    hmmm, I drive through Oakley often and don't remember seeing it.

One thing I've noticed is that when visitors come to Cincy for a game, there's not really many bars close to the stadiums for them to go to. Mainstrasse and Mount Adams are two really great bar districts. But they are a good hike for people drinking before Reds games. Hopefully The Banks will provide some much needed bars close to the stadiums.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 08-29-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Was in Taipei, Taiwan, now back in Cincinnati.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    hmmm, I drive through Oakley often and don't remember seeing it.

One thing I've noticed is that when visitors come to Cincy for a game, there's not really many bars close to the stadiums for them to go to. Mainstrasse and Mount Adams are two really great bar districts. But they are a good hike for people drinking before Reds games. Hopefully The Banks will provid some much needed bars close to the stadiums.
    Boca is across from Voltage..David Falk is the chef (owns Nada as well)..
    Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!