Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    El Jinete on Red Bank near the new Wal Mart is a pleasant surprise. I've been there twice. The food is really good and the service is great. I haven't heard of anyone having a bad experience there. El Toro, in Hyde Park Plaza is an interesting alternative. It can be crowded. It's a decent option to Don Pablos.

Taco Casa in Hyde Park is good too.
    Taqueria Mercado downtown is freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    El Jinete on Red Bank near the new Wal Mart is a pleasant surprise. I've been there twice. The food is really good and the service is great. I haven't heard of anyone having a bad experience there. El Toro, in Hyde Park Plaza is an interesting alternative. It can be crowded. It's a decent option to Don Pablos.

Taco Casa in Hyde Park is good too.
    That place is relatively new. I'm a big, big believer that restaurants that have only been open for a year or less tend to have better service and food.

It's like the theory of hiring a young coach. Hire someone who's young and has a family to support and doesn't have an established career. He'll work harder than someone who has an established career and a lot of cash in the bank.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 01-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Taqueria Mercado downtown is freaking awesome.
    It's so much different, and by different I mean better, than all of the Mexican restaurants in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    I think it depends on how bad the service. I've had one or two experiences that were so bad I didn't want to risk going back.

I think it's marketing speak. But just because the product is snooty or pretentious, doesn't mean the sales people need to be.
    Food poisoning is a good reason not to go back. My wife and I haven't been to a Denny's in 20 yrs.

Believe the hype. Taqueria Mercado is delicious.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Believe the hype. Taqueria Mercado is delicious.
    What did you get there? Did you try the tongue or tripe?
    I have tried the tacos, taco salad, and quesadilla. I go there for lunch so I haven't really tried anything bigger/heavier than those things.

I went with a taco and enchilada. yeah, the dinner options looked great. And the breakfast options looked good too (although I'm not sure if I'll ever feel like a mexican spin on breakfast early in the morning).

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    It's so much different, and by different I mean better, than all of the Mexican restaurants in Cincinnati.
    Wrong. Nada is the best mexican restaurant in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Chilean View Post
    Wrong. Nada is the best mexican restaurant in Cincy.
    Nada is an unfair comparison for Taqueria Mercado. Both are excellent in their own right but represent different styles of Mexican cuisine.

I went to Virgil's last night. It was good, but I'm not sure I get the hype.

I can't figure out Bellevue. Why isn't it more popular? Is it crappy highway access?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick