Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

Best Restaurant in Cincy

I am coming to Cincy on business tommorrow. It has been several years since I've stayed overnight in the area and had time to go to a nice meal. I am staying at the Mariott Riverfront Hotel in Covington.

I would like some opinions on what the best restaurant in the city is. I am not concerned with the best deal/best price. Simply the best restaurant.

I am a steak/meat eater, but I am willing to try a non-steakhouse if it a truly exceptional establishment.

I tried to make a reservation at Jeff Ruby's on the Waterfront, but it is closed on Sundays.

Close to downtown Cincy/Covington would be nice. I appreciate people recommendations/help.

Thanks.

Walk-On

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by KsMuskie View Post
    Jeff Ruby's is closed on Sundays. I tried to make a reservation at both their downtown an d waterfront location already. Anyplace else?

As a nonsteakhouse option, there is always Montgomery Inn. Great place to go for the ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by xufandownsouth View Post
    As a nonsteakhouse option, there is always Montgomery Inn. Great place to go for the ribs.
    I hope you're kidding.

The Precinct on Columbia Parkway. It is my favorite Jeff Ruby restaurant, and it is open on Sundays. It's about a 5 minute drive from downtown, and I like it better than Jeff Ruby's downtown and the Waterfront.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    The place was packed. We had over half an hour wait for a table on a nothing-going-on-downtown Tuesday night. I really don't get it. The city should hire the Gregory's to open more stuff downtown, because whatever their formula is, it works and I have no idea why.
    I have to agree with you. I've never understood the attraction. It's OK, but there are a number of places I'd choose first.

If you want a great Italian place, try Antonio's in West Chester / Liberty Township. It's at Cincinnati Dayton Road and SR -129.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Need to find a place for dinner tonight.

The girlfriend is coming into town tonight, and up until a little bit (once I got an actual job), we didn't go out much. She doesn't want to go someplace terribly fancy, but we're looking for someplace new that isn't fried food. We live in the Hyde Park/Mt Lookout area. Anyone give me some good places to eat?

Thanks in advance. Winner gets reps and a beer next time at Dana's/Cintas.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Walk-On
    Have you tried Indigo on the corner of Erie and Edwards? Don't know exactly what you are looking for, but that place has a pretty nice offering of meals across the board. If you go, sun-dried tomatoes there are a must.

Scotti's on Vine Street is really wonderful. It's authentic Italian food, and it is very tasty. You can call and make reservations.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!