Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    So, find a Skyline or Gold Star. Cool, thanks for the local insider knowledge.

I went to Camp Washington Chili last time. Honestly, I could not tell a difference. It tastes like all the other chili. The increased feeling of being a crime victim added some spice.

I have a very important meeting in Montfort Heights, as one does.
    Wish I could help but those are the chili options in NKY unless you want to hop over to Newport and give Dixie Chili a try.

Not Chili but in the Montfort Heights area there is Grace of India, very good authentic Indian food. Then there is Tavern on the Bend(everything I've tried there has been very good)
    Balls of Steele!!

I went to Dixie Chili in Covington. It was good, but I honestly cannot tell the different chili parlors apart. I guess that I am not an astute Cincinnati chili afficianado, which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I went to Dixie Chili in Covington. It was good, but I honestly cannot tell the different chili parlors apart. I guess that I am not an astute Cincinnati chili aficionado, which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.
    The differences in chili recipes among Cincinnati's finest are subtle, obviously, but the smaller parlors like Camp Washington, Blue Ash Chili, and Dixie chili are noticeably different from the mass produced versions like Gold Star and Skyline. If you have Cincinnati chili in town once in a blue moon it would be tough to tell a difference. You almost need to have them lined up to articulate the differences.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sign me up for a flight of chili-cheese coneys.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Many years ago, my wife and I and two other couples decided to do a taste test of Skyline vs. Gold Star and Coke / Diet Coke vs. Pepsi / Diet Pepsi. We got cheese coneys and plain chili from each and two liters of Coke and Pepsi products.

First, our wives set them up for the guys to try and then we reversed roles. My wife and I both preferred Gold Star, being a little spicier, but we always go to Skyline if we want coneys, ways, etc. The other two couples were die hard Skyline fans and weren’t going for which tasted better, but which was Skyline. They chose wisely.

The interesting thing was the soft drinks. We found that you had to take a sip and make the call. If you took a couple of big gulps of one followed gulps of a different one and repeated that, they tasted the same very quickly. The guys got the drinks right every time and our wives were wrong each time. Don’t know what that said about their taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I don’t understand how one can confuse regular vs Diet Coke or Pepsi. Guess I’ll have to blind taste test but it seems like night and day.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I don’t understand how one can confuse regular vs Diet Coke or Pepsi. Guess I’ll have to blind taste test but it seems like night and day.
    I'd assume they were comparing diet coke vs diet pepsi and reg coke vs reg pepsi. At least thats how i interpreted that.

Quote Originally Posted by kane79 View Post
    I'd assume they were comparing diet coke vs diet pepsi and reg coke vs reg pepsi. At least thats how i interpreted that.
    Ah ok that makes more sense. Still fee that they are easy to discern but I haven’t done a blind taste test. Diet Dr Pepper is the best diet btw

Shockingly, I was never drunk enough to enjoy Cincinnati chili. I did my best, but never made it work. That says something about the chili.