Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Agree with every word.

The feel of the place. The train set.

BTW, Zip's chili is superb as well.
    For my taste buds, Zip’s chili is not only good, it’s by FAR the best in the city. In fact, the only version of chili I’ll eat in Cincinnati unless I made it myself. When I go to Zip’s the only question is am I hungry enough to have my burger AND chili. The answer is almost always BOTH! I don’t get that many shots at their food.

I love the families rolling thru there, mixed with college kids. It just has a special feel that would be very hard to recreate. You can’t just franchise that and stick one somewhere else. It would almost certainly lack the homey coziness, especially around the holidays.
    Last edited by xu82; 08-25-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I see the Enquirer is running a Best Burger playoff.
    Who you got?
    Terry's is still in there. But the Gordo burger is, to my taste, the best burger around. That's at Gordo's in Norwood, of course.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Junior
    Does anyone remember a place called Marathon on Montgomery Rd, in the early 70s that had large double decker sandwiches? Yes, I know I'm old, real old.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    For those that haven't been to Herb and Thelma's off of the 12th st exit in NKY, get there ASAP. The only negative is they don't have a deep fryer so no fries.
    I've been taking my Dad out to lunch every Tuesday for several years. We go to a different place every week and for the most part go to mom and pop joints.
    Even made it to Dana's. I don't have a top place but probably have 7 places in my top 5. :) Terry's turf and Zips are closed on Tuesday's so can't say. Arthur's, Gordo's and Quatman's are up there. Sammy's is good but a bit overpriced IMO.

I'm always looking for new spots so thanks for the tip.
    Balls of Steele!!

Yes. Loved their blt.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I've been taking my Dad out to lunch every Tuesday for several years. We go to a different place every week and for the most part go to mom and pop joints.
    Even made it to Dana's. I don't have a top place but probably have 7 places in my top 5. :) Terry's turf and Zips are closed on Tuesday's so can't say. Arthur's, Gordo's and Quatman's are up there. Sammy's is good but a bit overpriced IMO.

I'm always looking for new spots so thanks for the tip.
    That is AWESOME! I used to say stuff like “I have to take my mom groceries today”, and my wife would correct me. She would say “no, you GET to take groceries to your mom today.” She was right of course, and what wouldn’t she give to see her mom one more time.

Well done on your routine!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Does anyone remember a place called Marathon on Montgomery Rd, in the early 70s that had large double decker sandwiches? Yes, I know I'm old, real old.
    Was that in Silverton? If that’s the place, we went there a lot while at X in the late 70s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Up by the Zeno's. Think they had a " marathon" frontage.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    The old Marathon Inn is now the Silverton Cafe. Still good sandwiches.