Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    This was really interesting. Thanks. Which chili parlor should I visit next Cincinnati trip? Empress? Dixie? Camp Washington?
    you cant miss with any of them

Add Blue Ash Chili as well.

This was really interesting. Thanks. Which chili parlor should I visit next Cincinnati trip? Empress? Dixie? Camp Washington?
    I've read most of that history of chili book and also plan to work my way around 'em. Dixie was good, but not as spicy as I like it, flavors well balanced, remodeled seating area. I used to really liked the Empress that used to be located on the back side of Hitching Post on Kellogg - I'll re-try Empress or Camp Washington next. 30 years ago at Xavier, it was Eva's in Norwood where you'd eat chili with the GM workers at 5AM after a long night of ... studying. Now, on Xavier game watch days in Chicago, at Merkle's, they'll often put out a chili bar using this fantastic recipe (here).

Of these I recommend Camp Washington. It's tough to find an Empress Chili parlor, and I wouldn't go out of my way for Dixie Chili.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    it was Eva's in Norwood where you'd eat chili with the GM workers at 5AM after a long night of ... studying.
    I thought they called that place "A Smile's" - had to over 80 to work there.
    2023 Sweet 16

Check out new place in OTR, Sacred Beast. Food is fantastic. Friend on mine from HS's brother and wife opened it up 2 weeks ago.
    Zip'em Up!

Ate at a couple of good restaurants in the Mason area recently. Woodhouse Kitchen is right next to the Beach in the old Bob Evans building off 71. Good ambience and food. SW Clyborne is right across the street from BW3 on Tylersville. I really liked their food. 2 very nice additions to the Mason area.

So I have to come back here to hype up Orchids at Palm Court. Simply fantastic food and service. My wife had the vegetarian tasting menu and if that is what vegetarian food was always like I could swing it. Take your wallet, but Orchids is well worth it if you enjoy fine dining. It is also way less pretentious than most restaurants of its ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkopolis View Post
    So I have to come back here to hype up Orchids at Palm Court. Simply fantastic food and service. My wife had the vegetarian tasting menu and if that is what vegetarian food was always like I could swing it. Take your wallet, but Orchids is well worth it if you enjoy fine dining. It is also way less pretentious than most restaurants of its ilk.
    Glad to hear the Orchids review as I believe the chef is new as of six-ish months ago. I love the swanky vibe of the bar. Will be staying at the Netherland Hilton during the weekend of the DePaul game.

The Wheel in Oakley. It's not open, you gotta get on their pop-up dinner email list. It's amazing.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    The Wheel in Oakley. It's not open, you gotta get on their pop-up dinner email list. It's amazing.
    How is it amazing if it's not open?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens