Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    How is it amazing if it's not open?
    You’re guaranteed NOT to get food poisoning and you might even lose a few pounds!
    Last edited by xu82; 02-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    How is it amazing if it's not open?
    It's usually open for lunch - they have pizza and sandwiches - but you can also get carryout for dinner. It's all take-out. I think Kahn's is referring to the dinner parties they sometimes have.

The sister of a friend from high school opened the place - she was a chef in New York before coming back here. I second the recommendation.

Another hearty vote for Orchids at the Palm Court as best in Cincinnati!

Have any of our northern Cincy posters had the chance to eat at SW Clyborne in Mason yet? Had it about 4-5 times. Really think it has the best food in the northern Cincy area. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Have any of our northern Cincy posters had the chance to eat at SW Clyborne in Mason yet? Had it about 4-5 times. Really think it has the best food in the northern Cincy area. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out.
    I’ll have to check that out. It’s less than 15 minutes from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    A short history of Cincinnati Chili. I did not realize Empress was the first one...and that it was in a strip joint. LOL

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/cincinn...ere-it-started
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    This was really interesting. Thanks. Which chili parlor should I visit next Cincinnati trip? Empress? Dixie? Camp Washington?
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    I've read most of that history of chili book and also plan to work my way around 'em. Dixie was good, but not as spicy as I like it, flavors well balanced, remodeled seating area. I used to really liked the Empress that used to be located on the back side of Hitching Post on Kellogg - I'll re-try Empress or Camp Washington next. 30 years ago at Xavier, it was Eva's in Norwood where you'd eat chili with the GM workers at 5AM after a long night of ... studying. Now, on Xavier game watch days in Chicago, at Merkle's, they'll often put out a chili bar using this fantastic recipe (here).
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Of these I recommend Camp Washington. It's tough to find an Empress Chili parlor, and I wouldn't go out of my way for Dixie Chili.
    Tomorrow, I will be in Fort Wright in the morning then Montfort Heights in the afternoon. Is there a recommended chili parlor near either place?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

There are probably a Skyline and Gold Star in both of them. You’ll pass Camp Washington Chili going from Ft. Wright to Montfort Heights. It’s right off I-75 at Hopple St.

What brings you to Montfort Heights? I grew up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Tomorrow, I will be in Fort Wright in the morning then Montfort Heights in the afternoon. Is there a recommended chili parlor near either place?
    There’s a Skyline in Ft. Wright/Park Hills. Ah, HS memories…:)

Any old timers remember A Smiles Chili in Norwood? Think you had to be over 80 to work there.
    2023 Sweet 16

So, find a Skyline or Gold Star. Cool, thanks for the local insider knowledge.

I went to Camp Washington Chili last time. Honestly, I could not tell a difference. It tastes like all the other chili. The increased feeling of being a crime victim added some spice.

I have a very important meeting in Montfort Heights, as one does.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."