Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    A lot of business still use fax. It is faster to fax than to scan and then e-mail, esp. when you have a lot of pages and pictures are involved.

Some creepy Vintage ads:

Creepy man in tuxedo

Live Action

Lord West Suits will impress a 7 year old girl apparently

Live Action

I"m on a www.cracked.com binge right now

'6 Geniuses you didn't know were perverts'
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18559...-perverts.html

Einstein -
    When he wasn't sciencing the shit out of everything, Einstein spent his time postulating his wiener into as many women as possible. Even though he was married twice (once to his cousin), he cheated on both of his wives with about 10 different women. Though in his defense, he presented his first wife with a list of rules, one of which was "expect neither intimacy nor fidelity."

Before Einstein finally settled on his cousin Elsa, he apparently almost married her 22-year-old daughter instead (Elsa was his first cousin through his mother's side AND second cousin through his father's side. In addition to the theory of relativity, Einstein was the only human capable of conceptualizing the branches of his own family tree that he had sex with). Then he supposedly got some side action from Elsa's sister when they were younger, which he defended in a letter to Elsa by pointing out "You can't blame me; we were young and she was willing."

Einstein would also write to his stepdaughter and wife to tell them which women he was currently sexifying, and sometimes had his stepdaughter act as a messenger to deliver letters to his mistresses, because if you're going to not give a fuck you might as well go all the way.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...ty-407498.html

Mozart -
    When Mozart wasn't writing one of his 600 masterpieces he was writing letters to his female cousin, the contents of which were usually in a basic rhyme scheme and seriously screwed up. There are tons of snippets to choose from out there, but nothing quite sums up Mozart's dirtiness as well as when he told his cousin that he wanted to "shit on her nose" and watch it "drip down her chin."

He would also send letters to his own mother, who thought it was great fun and would often write him back in the same vein.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2000...iography.music
    Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    A lot of business still use fax. It is faster to fax than to scan and then e-mail, esp. when you have a lot of pages and pictures are involved.
    Define "a lot" and "businesses". I have neither sent nor received a fax in years.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Define "a lot" and "businesses". I have neither sent nor received a fax in years.
    Real estate (and the related mortgage business) still relies heavily on fax in many parts of the country. I hated faxes when I worked in that industry and was thrilled to move on to a world of electronic documents.

I received signature page faxes all the time at my Boston firm. Less so as I went on, and certainly not from reputable firms by the end. Asshole partners liked to send markups from their fax machines at their houses on the Cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    One of my good friends who I am connected to on linkedin just added "fax" to her list of skills.

Are there people who can't fax? WTF?
    It's shocking the number of well-educated people I've met that can't figure out a simple fax machine.

So let's recap:

1. Lord West was a pedophile,
    2. Smoking makes moms permissive,
    3. Mozart and Einstein may well have progeny well beyond what has been historically reported,
    4. Either using the wrong toilet paper, misaligned toile paper (and, I assume, no TP) may result in some mysterious "toilet paper illness" which will require somebody in a full length lab coat and black rubber gloves to put several shiny instruments "where the sun don't shine" (bring back the bidet),
    5. The fax is still highly favored if not fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    So let's recap:

2. Smoking makes moms permissive,
    If she smokes, she pokes.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick