Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The guy was pretty highly rated wasn't he? At one time? Now what's he gonna do? Looks to me like IU really screwed him.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    The guy was pretty highly rated wasn't he? At one time? Now what's he gonna do? Looks to me like IU really screwed him.
    The link mcgee supplied had him at 131 / 30th at his position.

I suppose that is pretty highly rated.

At one time I would say "no doubt" and that would be a huge get for X. Any more, anything out of top 100, unless it is an area of need - which it is not.

semantics

I think he would be a great fit on our team and would not be surprised if he came here. How many other good programs that he was high on have an open scholarship for him to play this year? Rankings are what they are, but I think this guy is a very good player who flat out knows how to score and is college ready. He is a slasher who can take his guy off the dribble and we could really, really use that on this team in my opinion. I know we are in on a lot of good recruits for 2013, but if Patterson is ready to commit, I say you take him.

Isn't this the guy whose Dad got screwed over by UC long, long ago?

Anyway, JR was in the same situation with Purdue. Thx, Sister Rose.
    2023 Sweet 16

Robinsons dad got screwed by UC then transferred to Pitt. Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Robinsons dad got screwed by UC then transferred to Pitt. Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit
    Nope, he's free to go wherever and play right away. He just took a summer school class. X was mentioned yesterday as a possible destination on Indy radio.

Some of X's freshmen are taking classes now too. It's actually a good thing.

I think we should continue the tradition of taking IU's players/commits/castoffs and making them into winners at X.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit
    I would guess, based on the fact that he hasn't played there, he would be eligible immediately (assuming academics check out).

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Some of X's freshmen are taking classes now too. It's actually a good thing.
    I believe that gets them ahead academically, so they can take a lighter load during official basketball season? And, presumably, by the end of their career, be taking only one or two classes needed to graduate.