Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,312

  2. #2
    Sophomore rhyno2110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    882
    Since Patterson commits to Indiana today, apparently the chances DVR comes to X are greater. Lets hope so.
    "And Im going to get Xavier to the Final Four. Make sure you write that down.
    Jalen Reynolds

  3. #3
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,312
    Guess you mean DSR, maybe you have this confused with the Direct Tv thread.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno2110 View Post
    Since Patterson commits to Indiana today, apparently the chances DVR comes to X are greater. Lets hope so.
    Agreed- that would be great.

    There is so much talent in that Indiana class, it will be interesting to see how things shake out. Perea, DSR, Harris, and Yogi Ferrell are all top 25 guys for Rivals right now, plus Hollowell and Hammons, and it seems like we are recruiting all those guys except Perea... We should be in good position.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,489
    Eye on College BBall ‏@EyeOnCBB

    As first reported by @insidethehall, Indiana signee Ron Patterson will not be attending the school this season: http://cbsprt.co/PpqjZy

  6. #6
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Eye on College BBall ‏@EyeOnCBB

    As first reported by @insidethehall, Indiana signee Ron Patterson will not be attending the school this season: http://cbsprt.co/PpqjZy
    It says "Patterson is looking into prep schools and other four-year colleges"

    If he can't meet IU academic standards, what makes you think Xavier would be a likely destination? Besides, I think we're set at PG for a while.

    Sounds more like he'll go to a prep, JC, or lower division college where he can play next year.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 08-15-2012 at 04:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,489
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    It says "Patterson is looking into prep schools and other four-year colleges"

    If he can't meet IU academic standards, what makes you think Xavier would be a likely destination? Besides, I think were set at PG for a while.

    Sounds more like he'll go to a prep, JC, or lower division college where he can play next year.
    I don't think anything of his chances to come or not come to XU, I was just providing an update.

    But if he goes to a year of prep school he can get his academics in order and have 4 years of eligbility. And let's not pretend that XU hasn't taken some players with questionable academics. If I remember correctly Jeff Robinson was let go by Purdue for the same reasons. Cheekz and Martin didn't qualify for academic reasons.

  8. #8
    Sophomore More Cowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Mitchell
    Posts
    769
    Academics for this guy and Robinson were just the excuse. In both cases, the schools were over the scholarship limit and had to let someone go. With that said, I dont think X has a huge need for him.
    - Bob Sacamano

  9. #9
    Senior PMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
    Academics for this guy and Robinson were just the excuse. In both cases, the schools were over the scholarship limit and had to let someone go. With that said, I dont think X has a huge need for him.
    Exactly. IU had more scholarship players than they had scholarships. I would love this pickup. Patterson is a college-ready 6'3" guard who can really score the ball. I think Myles Davis will be great but SG is still a bit of a question mark and Patterson could give us some good depth. He's strong and knows how to score in many ways. I'd be all for getting this kid.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,872
    I mistakenly thought he was PG. Shooting guard does make a bit more sense.

    You don't think IU takes students with academic issues? Maybe it's because they had a top 10 recruiting class coming in - they decided it was not worth it. I'm just saying I don't think it would be any more 'worth it' at X with the guys we have now and in the pipeline.

    Not sure he wants to switch anyway - more likely he wants to but be in Bloomington next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •