Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I would expect a team to have a couple of losses after those injuries that they had.

But it's been over 2 weeks now since they lost Little and Wright. You would have thought that they would have made adjustments and people would step up. Apparently not, outside of Roberts this was their other starters numbers.

Binnie 4 REB, 0 assists, 5 pts.
    Huelsman 5 REB, 0 assists, 7 pts. and fouled out.
    Sandoval 2 REB, 1 assist, 0 points.
    Johnson 5 REB, 4 assists, 8 pts.

Four starters combine for 20 points and 5 assists in a combined 108 minutes on the floor. You can't win like that. Ever.

They did get Little back and he did have 12 off the bench, but Little too Late. (HA, made that up)

I love that it is happening to dayton too.

If it was any other upper tier team in the conference, then I might be upset that it hurts the conference, not dayton though. That 7th place pick by the coaches is looking pretty dead on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    If it was any other upper tier team in the conference, then I might be upset that it hurts the conference, not dayton though. That 7th place pick by the coaches is looking pretty dead on right now.
    Right now they are in 9th place tied with LaSalle. Wasn't it just a little over 2 weeks ago they were ranked 16th?

I do not see Dayton getting to the Dance now unless they get to the A-10 tourney finals.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That 7th place pick by the coaches is looking pretty dead on right now.
    Or generous, depending on your point of view.

I would expect a team to have a couple of losses after those injuries that they had.

But it's been over 2 weeks now since they lost Little and Wright. You would have thought that they would have made adjustments and people would step up. Apparently not
    Exactly. I can live with losing. It really doesn't bother me too much as a fan. What does bother me is a lack of effort. And outside of Roberts, this team doesn't have it.

Two plays stood out to me tonight more than any other. It was in the first half, during GW's big run. Roberts drove and dumped the ball to Binnie, who was wide open for a 10 foot jumper. He pumped faked with no defender around, and then when someone finally came to guard him, he passed.

The second came late in the game. GW missed a shot, and 4 Flyers went for the rebound. All four guys tried to tip the ball to someone else instead of grabbing it, and GW came away with the ball and quickly scored.

Roberts aside, the team lacks the heart and desire needed to take the next step.

And you lose Roberts at the end of the year.

You can't have a player of his quality for four years and not go dancing without taking an honest inventory of your coaching staff.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

You can't have a player of his quality for four years and not go dancing without taking an honest inventory of your coaching staff.
    Ouch... Zing. Good point.

I said when ud was something like 10-1 that they would fade just like they did last year. And, they are. They have a losing record in the conference and are losing regularly late in the season. These factors will render those early wins versus UL and Pitt pretty meaningless. They are NIT material at best.

[B]

You would have thought that they would have made adjustments and people would step up. Apparently not, outside of Roberts this was their other starters numbers.

Binnie 4 REB, 0 assists, 5 pts.
    Huelsman 5 REB, 0 assists, 7 pts. and fouled out.
    Sandoval 2 REB, 1 assist, 0 points.
    Johnson 5 REB, 4 assists, 8 pts.

Johnson's stats aren't that bad. I think that kid can play. Little can play as well. When Wright gets healthy he is a baller.

Binnie is a waste of space. Sandoval is robbing some deserving D-II player from a scholarship opportunity. Those guys are horrible. Huelsman would be a decent back up, but that is about it.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

I've taken the inventory. Problem is, he's under contract until 2012. He's not going anywhere. I'd do a happy dance if Anthony Grant was the coach next year (and from my semi in the know contacts, some pretty influential people around the program feel the same way).

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I still feel good about the future. We lose Roberts, but we get 4 guys who can flat out put the ball in the hoop, and three of them are known for defense as well. Add that to Johnson, Little, Wright, and Huelsman, and I think the team could be pretty good next year. The key will be PG play, which seems like a broken record at UD.

Plus, getting rid of Binnie will be a good thing too. He's a decent spot up shooter when he has the guts to let it go, but he's a total liability in every other facet of the game. It's 4 trying to guard 5 when he's out there.