Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    why?
    http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...ist_of_schools

"With that, the Jayhawks officially entered his list, and Sampson updated his outlook thusly, in no particular order: Kansas, Tennessee, Baylor, St. John’s, USC, Michigan State, Louisville."

I'm not saying there's no chance we can land him, but realistically speaking it doesn't look good.

Honestly, if the choice is between Goff and Reynolds, I'm fine with that. From what I hear, Goff is a physical specimen. We've been on him for a long time, but there is some serious competition. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Georgia, etc.

Someone already said this earlier(pretty much). On the one hand, Goff could come in and immediately contribute. He is 6'9 and 240 pounds and seasoned. Him and Taylor would both be forces to compliment Frease down low.

On the other hand, he would only be here for 2 years.

I personally agree with other stated on here. If Reynolds or Goff express interest in wanting to commit to X, first come first serve. You really can't go wrong with either IMO
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 07-26-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Live Action

Sophomore
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mack removed Sampson, not the other way around. He may have given Sampson that ultimatum, which I'd be fine with....

I believe it's hard to tell Reynolds, Taylor or Goff that they are a #1 priority when Sampson was. Mack may have said that given he expanded his list and we have others requiring attention, we are moving on. I don't think it's a coincidence that Reynolds has us as a high position, Taylor committed and Goff is visiting at the same time Sampson is out of the fold....

Quote Originally Posted by Muskied View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mack removed Sampson.
    If Mack did remove Sampson from X's list, I don't think it's because he didn't want the kid. I think you're saying that:

Sampson was #1 on Mack's list, but was starting to seem unlikely to commit to X. Mack then decided to cut bait on his top prize being that his presence was mucking up the situation when it came to the next options (players who seemed more likely to be the ones willing to commit).

If that's what you were getting at, I might agree. But I definitely don't think Mack removed Sampson from his wishlist because he no longer wants him.

Mack tweeted he was in Vegas. Goff was in Vegas @ the All American JUCU shootout. HMMM...

Demling- "I didn't make it to the Junior College event in town but heard rave reviews about the play of former Indianapolis Broad Ripple standout Robert Goff. He plans on taking a visit to Indiana soon and Xavier will also be in there strong with Goff."
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 07-26-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Sophomore
    That's absolutely what I'm saying. While anyone can debate who the better player will be, and the miss fortune we seem to have in landing highly ranked players, I believe it's important to control your own destiny before someone else does. While ultimatums mean we may have lost players like Ari Stewart or maybe a Jakaar Sampson, it puts us in position to land the next best scenario, rather than the worst case scenario. This MAY have been what went down here....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...ist_of_schools

"With that, the Jayhawks officially entered his list, and Sampson updated his outlook thusly, in no particular order: Kansas, Tennessee, Baylor, St. John’s, USC, Michigan State, Louisville."
    Where did Goodman get this "list"? Did Jakarr fax or email it to him, or did he just pull it out of his ass? Has Michigan St. even offered? Does the kid even know what state Baylor is in?

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Where did Goodman get this "list"? Did Jakarr fax or email it to him, or did he just pull it out of his ass? Has Michigan St. even offered? Does the kid even know what state Baylor is in?
    Some dude has been posting daily updates on Jakarr on Goodman's blog in an attempt to give a recruit's eye view of the process. Apparently has daily interviews and access. It's literally the least revealing thing of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Some dude has been posting daily updates on Jakarr on Goodman's blog in an attempt to give a recruit's eye view of the process. Apparently has daily interviews and access. It's literally the least revealing thing of all time.
    I know, and what I'm driving at ultimately is whether the publicity ended up being detrimental to the kid. That list is pretty odd imo, and I'm wondering what prompted it.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I don't think he has been offered by MSU yet, but from the way he is playing as of late I'm sure he'll get one.
    Live Action

Oh I see, I thought this was a list of actual offers. So this is a list of almost, any day now offers.