Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Committed to GeorgeTown today.

GT is getting a hell of a player

Supporting Member
    From Mizzou basketball's go to twitter source, Kim English (I hate myself for typing that sentence):

Englishscope24 Kim English
    Understandable RT @ebosshoops Otto Porter's high school coach Kenyon Wright has confirmed Porter's commitment to Georgetown.

Don't blame Porter at all. You don't pick a school going into a blind situation , even if it is your home state school. It's about comfort.

He KNOWS what to expect at Gtown. Knows the staff, knows the players, knows the system is proven and education is immaculate their.

Otto is a good kid. Comes from a good family. I wish him the best at Georgetown. But ima still bust his tale playing pick up this summer.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    From Mizzou basketball's go to twitter source, Kim English (I hate myself for typing that sentence):

Understandable RT @ebosshoops Otto Porter's high school coach Kenyon Wright has confirmed Porter's commitment to Georgetown.

Don't blame Porter at all. You don't pick a school going into a blind situation , even if it is your home state school. It's about comfort.

He KNOWS what to expect at Gtown. Knows the staff, knows the players, knows the system is proven and education is immaculate their.

Otto is a good kid. Comes from a good family. I wish him the best at Georgetown. But ima still bust his tale playing pick up this summer.
    Sounds like English isn't too thrilled about the coaching change. It's so disappointing to see Mike Anderson leave Mizzou this year when they were right on the verge of potentially doing something great. They had a disappointing season this past year for sure, but they only lost one player in Safford who, quite frankly, wasn't any good, and they have a ton of senior talent. Frank Haith is walking into an ideal situation, except for the fact that it seems nobody in the Mizzou fanbase is supportive of him. It would be interesting to see if English would have said the same thing ("You don't pick a school going into a blind situation , even if it is your home state school. It's about comfort.") had Matt Painter taken the job.
    AMDG

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post
    Sounds like English isn't too thrilled about the coaching change. It's so disappointing to see Mike Anderson leave Mizzou this year when they were right on the verge of potentially doing something great. They had a disappointing season this past year for sure, but they only lost one player in Safford who, quite frankly, wasn't any good, and they have a ton of senior talent. Frank Haith is walking into an ideal situation, except for the fact that it seems nobody in the Mizzou fanbase is supportive of him. It would be interesting to see if English would have said the same thing ("You don't pick a school going into a blind situation , even if it is your home state school. It's about comfort.") had Matt Painter taken the job.
    I could see how you get that from those tweets, but I think he was only talking about what he would be feeling if he was in Otto's position (better to know what you are getting into, rather then walking into an unknown situation).

Overall, English has publicly supported the new coach. He has even joked around with old players calling them #teamanderson and himself #teamhaith.

Then again, much to the fear of the athletic department, Kim has no filter on Twitter (which makes him really fun to follow). He was constantly tweeting updates about who he wanted to be our new coach (big fan of Shaka) and his opinions of possible candidates. While he never spoke about Haith, his silence shows that Haith wasn't on the short list of candidates that he wanted to see at Mizzou.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I could see how you get that from those tweets, but I think he was only talking about what he would be feeling if he was in Otto's position (better to know what you are getting into, rather then walking into an unknown situation).

Overall, English has publicly supported the new coach. He has even joked around with old players calling them #teamanderson and himself #teamhaith.

Then again, much to the fear of the athletic department, Kim has no filter on Twitter (which makes him really fun to follow). He was constantly tweeting updates about who he wanted to be our new coach (big fan of Shaka) and his opinions of possible candidates. While he never spoke about Haith, his silence shows that Haith wasn't on the short list of candidates that he wanted to see at Mizzou.
    I didn't know that about previous statements, so that pretty much makes my guess wrong then. Best of luck to Otto regardless, he's a big part of a very strong recruiting class from MO this year.
    AMDG