Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    I spoke to one of the coaches today. He was filling for Kelsey at an event. He said the JUCO is a center and 6'8 so I guess this could be him.

He is a class of 2011 recruit but could be reclassified for 2012. I asked if we have room next year and he said there is always someone who could be a redshirt. I did not ask the name however.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I would imagine that we would try to make room for a player like Karron. I know I will get killed for this, but I would be suprised if Tu comes back next season. I have heard some rumblings from very good sources that he is looking to test the waters. He is 4 years removed from high school, having attended prep school, and will be the A-10 POY. If Xavier makes another run I do not think his stock could get any higher. I'm going to continue to enjoy watching him play, and pray he comes back.
    according to OK State article he was suspended after 9 games and has since left Midland and is taking correspondence classes in North Carolina. Doubt that is who Xavier is looking at. Sounds like he will be a nightmare to get eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph85 View Post
    I spoke to one of the coaches today. He was filling for Kelsey at an event. He said the JUCO is a center and 6'8 so I guess this could be him.

He is a class of 2011 recruit but could be reclassified for 2012. I asked if we have room next year and he said there is always someone who could be a redshirt. I did not ask the name however.
    It doesnt matter if a player is redshirted or not though, they still count towards the scholarship count....

For him to come in next year someone would have to transfer out/leave the program..

The Mr. Basketball- Michigan Finalists were announced today. Surprisingly Jalen, the #2 ranked player in the state at the beginning of the season, was not included in the list. The list is:

* G Dwaun Anderson, Suttons Bay (Michigan State)
    * G Carlton Brundidge, Southfield (Michigan)
    * F LaDontae Henton, Lansing Eastern (Dayton)
    * G Brandan Kearney, Detroit Southeastern (Michigan State)
    * C Amir Williams, Birmingham Detroit Country Day (Ohio State)

If anything a lot of our players come here with a chip on their shoulder and work even harder. The tradition continues.
    "He's just saying that because he loses every year. If I got my butt kicked, I'd say the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by XULucho27 View Post
    The Mr. Basketball- Michigan Finalists were announced today. Surprisingly Jalen, the #2 ranked player in the state at the beginning of the season, was not included in the list. The list is:

* G Dwaun Anderson, Suttons Bay (Michigan State)
    * G Carlton Brundidge, Southfield (Michigan)
    * F LaDontae Henton, Lansing Eastern (Dayton)
    * G Brandan Kearney, Detroit Southeastern (Michigan State)
    * C Amir Williams, Birmingham Detroit Country Day (Ohio State)

If anything a lot of our players come here with a chip on their shoulder and work even harder. The tradition continues.
    Unfortunate that Jalen doesn't get recognized, but alas, it is what it is. I have no doubt that Jalen will be an excellent player during his tenure at X. He's athletic, long, fast, and seems to have a great ability to put the ball in the hoop. I'm excited to see him.

The awards given to our recruits in high school is all fine and dandy. But damn it all, What I truly care about is their accomplishments at X.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

If Jalen had signed with a Michigan school he would be on there. This guy says not playing last year hurt his cause. Huh? Is it a cumulative thing? Anyway people in Michigan think he is a stud and Michigan St. fans wish he was heading there.

http://blog.mlive.com/highschoolbask..._announ_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    If Jalen had signed with a Michigan school he would be on there. This guy says not playing last year hurt his cause. Huh? Is it a cumulative thing? Anyway people in Michigan think he is a stud and Michigan St. fans wish he was heading there.

Brad Redford won. A Dayton player got nominated. College commitment doesn't matter all that much apparently.

It must be noted that 3 nominees are already Detroit kids and there is more than a little pressure to recognize players from the entire state of Michigan. They only pare it down to 5 finalists.

BTW, that list certainly suggests a whole lot of major talent in Detroit & Michigan. XU needs to keep that pipeline open.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post

There is a Dayton player on there. How do you explain that? That kills your conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    There is a Dayton player on there. How do you explain that? That kills your conspiracy theory.
    He's really good and he has been talked about for a long time during his high school career and Jalen did not play last year. If they were going to add Jalen then they would have to get rid of one of the Detroit kids or one of the Mich/Mich St. commit's. Ain't gonna happen.